11YO DD’s Health

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I know this is not the right forum for this but we cannot get DD healthy. This year she has been to the doctor’s office more then she has been to school. Her teachers have been great with Emails of assignments and her not attending school.

She has made an effort to go to school on days when there is softball practice but that has stopped now too. She is annoyed about falling behind in softball, obviously DW and I do not care.

She just got back from her doctor’s; off to the hospital tomorrow for some more tests.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Hate to hear that Quincy. Can you elaborate on the symptoms/conditions? Maybe someone on here has been through something similar with a family member or friend. On rare conditions sometimes the diagnosis and cause can be difficult to determine.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Digestive issues is the easiest way to disciple it, she will be OK we just do not know when.

Right now the theory is an ulcer, she likes pitching it is her own fault, or some undermined virus that she cannot shake. Tomorrow is for the ulcer theory.

Carly

Pitching Coach
May 4, 2012
Pittsburgh
Digestive issues is the easiest way to disciple it, she will be OK we just do not know when.

Right now the theory is an ulcer, she likes pitching it is her own fault, or some undermined virus that she cannot shake. Tomorrow is for the ulcer theory.
GET TESTED FOR FOOD ALLERGIES!!! I cannot recommend this enough; it changed my life and my sister's life. I had chronic digestive issues and acne caused by food sensitivities. My sister had completely debilitating migraines and was about to go on neurological medication for the rest of her life, but discovering her food sensitivities cured her completely. Symptoms can be REALLY weird so I recommend it for everyone experiencing chronic issues, but ESPECIALLY for digestive issues, food sensitivities—gluten being the biggest offender—are often the culprit.

If she is sensitive to something she's consuming, she could have chronic inflammation and enough digestive irritation to cause a reaction to most foods, even ones she's not sensitive to. If she has some kind of ulcer or inflammatory condition, food sensitivities could also be the root cause.

Try to find a doctor who specializes in food allergy testing and dealing chronic illnesses. A nutritionist may or may not do the trick; you'll have to do some research in your area. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. I have a lot of experience with this. I'm sorry to hear your daughter is suffering and I hope you can get it straightened out!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Have the house tested... is she reacting to it???.... Make triple sure you have no gas of any kind leaking. Mold, mildew ect... Also make sure that she isn't just suffering from the after effects of antibiotics that she took upto a year ago. They they make the bad bacteria dominate after they run there full course, and the price you pay is digestive issues.

The house thing came from an Anthropologist who would only be sick on Mondays. When I checked out her house, because she was spending long weekends there. It was carbon Monoxide problem with her furnace. Sounds like DD is spending most hours there. Find out if cleaning products have changed ect...

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
My uncle had celiac disease and digestive issues and migraines are both known symptoms of that. He had to cut gluten out of his diet.

I hope your DD feels better soon!

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Ditto celiac disease. My husbands sister started showing symptoms in her late 20s. A miscarriage, lost a ton of weight, finally got it diagnosed after she pretty much couldn't keep any food down at all. She is now the healthiest person I know and carried two healthy babies to term.
I hope you and your doctors can find the cause of it all. I'm sending you all good thoughts - nothing brings on sleepless nights as much as a sick child.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd