10U video critique please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 9, 2010
I appreciate it! It's funny you brought up the wall because she does pitch to it. We had it outlined in chalk but was washed away by the rain. I will have her try the wiffle ball drill, too.

Back to the crow hopping, is she or isn't she? If so I need to get it corrected ASAP.

It sounds to me like we need to correct her lean at release. And this will possibly correct the moving parts? Great advice so far. Thanks again.

We are in KS and she has been working with a 18 yr old. They have a great relationship and she has done wonders for her since the beginning but I wanted more in depth advice on her form.

Here's the first video again with some pauses at what I think are key spots if this helps. Not sure it does or not.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Oh, there is a slight crow hop there. It is hard to see and might only be because of the surface that she is pitching in. Let her help you get the grass out of there and build the dirt up. Then, you will be able to see her "foot drags" in the dirt.

I have changed my lessons, so that I address the weight back and no lean from lesson #1, now. I do that while we are drilling, with a knee down.

If you talk to the teen a little bit, she may understand what your DD needs. There is so much to teach, it is impossible for a teen to know all of it.

Jun 9, 2010
Wow. She has a terrible lean forward. After some searching on here we are going to start the Carolina walk through and Stork drills ASAP.

Jun 8, 2010
The lean is the source of her control issue. Concentrate on her striding forward, staying in her plane. Her legs, arm and upper body need to stay in that plane and upright. Don't worry about her speed, that will come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand