10U tournament/ boy on a team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2015
Played a team that had a boy playing....so is this legal in all states or some states? Not a transgender thing, it was a boy....don't agree with it

Jun 8, 2016
DD played in a tournament last weekend where the first day they played on backup fields (due to rain) that only had porta potties. I would have taken a boy playing against her over that…😂

Aug 5, 2022
Played a team that had a boy playing....so is this legal in all states or some states? Not a transgender thing, it was a boy....don't agree with it

Do you know this or just assume based on appearance? At young ages there’s not a lot of physical appearance differences in fully uniformed kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015

Is this an "I don't agree with it" issue or an "I don't agree with it because he got a hit against us" issue?

I find these things go along with bad calls ... you really don't care so long as it benefits you. As soon as it goes against you though ...

Jun 20, 2015
Anyone that is ok with people born XY chromosomes, taking away opportunities from people born XX.... exit now. door's over there.

Aug 6, 2013
Anyone that is ok with people born XY chromosomes, taking away opportunities from people born XX.... exit now. door's over there.
So as an XX chromosome person I should exit?? Hmmmm. I think as an XX chromosome person MY opinion should matter a little more than an XY chromosome person in this convo.

That being said - I don't give a crap. My daughter doesn't give a crap. Yeah it's easy for us to say that because my kid plays at a high level and no XY chromosome person is going to take ANYTHING away from my XX chromosome kid. She is a baller and works even harder to get what she wants when there is competition. As an XX chromosome person who played bball as a teen and in college I relished the pickup games when I could pay with the XY guys. I didn't ask them to go easier - they made me better. FYI - we are discussing a 10U team - you have no idea what level. You have no idea how many teams are in that area. You have no idea how many girls that team had or if they needed that XY to even field a team for those other XX chromosome kids. Just being outraged because we are talking XY playing on an XX team seems crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi