10 Year old DD Swing Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
10dtton.gif

I really like the presentation of this GIF. Very smart.

But the captions for me would be "see my vertical forearm" and "now see my bat drag". IOW, for me the initial launch position is doomed. (How can you begin and end vertical, and still turn the bat head?)

Enjoying the banter.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Here one problem with the above clip. She is trying to figure out sitting/flexing while swinging at the same time. So in essence she collaspes into the swing.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I also agree the setup is wrong, hands to high, doesn't have the correct launch position.

Sitting should happen earlier, instead of what is going on in the above swing. Not to mention the posture attained, torso forward.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I really like the presentation of this GIF. Very smart.

But the captions for me would be "see my vertical forearm" and "now see my bat drag". IOW, for me the initial launch position is doomed. (How can you begin and end vertical, and still turn the bat head?)

Enjoying the banter.

Kent2.gif

The bat drag here was totally avoidable from the 'swing launch position' ... had she 'worked the barrel', which she didn't.

10dtton.gif

May 28, 2014
Geez get busy and I come back to pages of elbow conversations, I do appreciate everyone's feedback, and do my best to incorporate everything I can, and not overwhelm her. Its a journey and I;m amazed at the progress she has made i about 2 months. We still some things to work on, but we are making progress. Here is the video from yesterdays lesson. her swing looks a lot better, but she is still collapsing her back arm instead of maintain the power V

Is this a correct read? I see the things like the bat drag buster, would that help in this situation?

Any feedback is always appreciated.. thanks! :)

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Her swing does look better.
Adjustments I would make...
Back foot parallel to plate.
Stand bat up taller to help not have a circular swing.
Don't pre load around the corner. Keep shoulders square to the plate.
Look at where her nose is pointed. More towards the first/second baseman.

When you pre load in a game, good chance you pull your eyes off the pitch...

Straightleg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
In the first swing she is close to having a good launch position. From there she start the unload/start the swing by unloading the back arm first. She is moving the back elbow down before anything else, so you have some reverse biomechanics happening, slot and shift.

What do you believe best discribes the swing?

May 28, 2014
I just realized that was a bad example, her hitting coach was having her preload..for a drill. the biggest thing I see, and the reason the bat is sloted how we have it, is she constantly drops the back elbow, and we have been unable to correct it. Looking for ideas ;/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877