‘22 Watch List

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2019
Well, in hindsight I shouldn't have said that and should probably delete it. It is entirely her choice, 100000% her business. I do know that she had other visits scheduled and visited OK first. She signed on the spot at OK. The other schools didn't even get to make their pitch (pardon the pun) to her. However...

As a pitcher and as a coach, I've enjoyed meeting, knowing and watching Jordy since I got to Omaha 3 years ago. She's an incredible talent, and I believe there's still more there. She can be even better than she is now. So, with that in mind, one of the other schools after her was Texas. Mike White is on Mt. Freaking Rushmore of all time greats in the sport, regardless of gender. He is not only the best pitcher I ever saw, he is the smartest pitcher and over all softball player I've ever met. I was fortunate enough to play with Whitey on the National team, and other tournaments. I also played against him even more. As a teammate, I was like his tail in the dugout, I followed him everywhere. I listened to everything he said and he would see things that others can't. Getting to learn from him, even as his peer on the National team, was incredible and I wished I'd have had more time with him as a kid and got to learn from him much earlier.

I don't know OK's coach Roacha. I've never met her. I hear she's a great coach. This isn't a put down of her, it's more of a compliment to White. I don't know if Roacha can make Bahl better or not. I KNOW White could. And knowing Jordy, she wants to continue to grow as a pitcher and get better. She wants to be the best she can. I know White can take her there, between his pitching knowledge and experience. Selfishly I'd have liked to see see White's wisdom given to Bahl and see what came about from that.
I have only been able to find short clips of her pitching. What makes this kid so hard to hit?

Feb 27, 2019
I fell hard for FSU after last season from the gutsy play from the whole group and have been watching them every game I can. Really excited for both Sandercock and Watson. I will definitely be keeping up with Valerie Cagle. She grew up local to me and she has been out to help with my oldest DD's then 14U team last year. Great person and great talent!

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I came here after watching

Outstanding performance of JORDY BAHL. OKU might dominate NCAA for four more years.

She was called for an illegal pitch for leaping on the first pitch to the second batter. She was not a whole lot better after that but the umps made their obligatory call and then let it go, unless it was called later in the game, I didn't watch the whole thing.

Apr 24, 2014
She was called for an illegal pitch for leaping on the first pitch to the second batter. She was not a whole lot better after that but the umps made their obligatory call and then let it go, unless it was called later in the game, I didn't watch the whole thing.
It was not called any more in late innings. UCLA didn't protest at all. It is pre-season so they probably don't care for now.

Feb 25, 2020
I fell hard for FSU after last season from the gutsy play from the whole group and have been watching them every game I can. Really excited for both Sandercock and Watson. I will definitely be keeping up with Valerie Cagle. She grew up local to me and she has been out to help with my oldest DD's then 14U team last year. Great person and great talent!

Cagle pitched a 4 hit shutout vs Washington on Sunday(2-0 victory). Also smacked a HR off of Gabbie plain. Looks like she is throwing a rise this year too.

She is fun to watch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00