rear elbow down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

Howard teaches, elbows relaxed, roof of the house. Not saying that is an absolute, just what Howard and Bustos teach, just like her relaxed set up in this picture.
From this setup, just pop the hands up into place when the pitcher gets ready. Relax to that point...

So if a college coach taught this, would be no big deal to me.

Howe just was talking in another thread about the front elbow being relaxed?

I teach relax those shoulders, most students are so tight, stiff.

SL

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I would say it is up as much as anyone.
mqdefault.jpg

Dec 19, 2012
"Elbow Up" is not an absolute. Many hitters keep their elbow up because that's the way they were taught. Many coaches taught to keep the back elbow up because if the back elbow stays up, the hands stay up. Where the hands reside is much more important than the back elbow being in the up position.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
"Elbow Up" is not an absolute. Many hitters keep their elbow up because that's the way they were taught. Many coaches taught to keep the back elbow up because if the back elbow stays up, the hands stay up. Where the hands reside is much more important than the back elbow being in the up position.

I agree.
kent0809side.gif

Elbow up or down is 'style'. It just depends on what 'style' helps/suits the hitter. Elbow up is the 'style' that DD prefers

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

Agree, I think the bigger issue is many believe elbow down is an absolute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi