DD achieves her life goal through college softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
DD was just notified that she was accepted to veterinarian school. She is beyond thrilled with this outcome. There were 2100 applicants for 125 positions. On her application she highlighted her time management skills as a college athlete. She also used her trials overcoming several serious injuries in another part of her application. I am convinced these aspects helped her stand out on her application from all the other qualified candidates. She will never play professional softball but her softball journey certainly played a huge role in the person she has become.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

If you don’t mind me asking - did she major in animal science as an undergrad or was she a bio major - or neither?

Mar 8, 2016
If you don’t mind me asking - did she major in animal science as an undergrad or was she a bio major - or neither?
She was a biology major. Biology majors make up around 50% of the students admitted to the vet school she is attending. Animal Science is 2nd at around 25%. Her undergrad did not offer animal science. She would have majored in biology anyway. All of her back up plans involved areas of human healthcare. All students planning on applying to veterinarian school need to have a back up plan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles