DD achieves her life goal through college softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 8, 2016
DD was just notified that she was accepted to veterinarian school. She is beyond thrilled with this outcome. There were 2100 applicants for 125 positions. On her application she highlighted her time management skills as a college athlete. She also used her trials overcoming several serious injuries in another part of her application. I am convinced these aspects helped her stand out on her application from all the other qualified candidates. She will never play professional softball but her softball journey certainly played a huge role in the person she has become.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD was just notified that she was accepted to veterinarian school. She is beyond thrilled with this outcome. There were 2100 applicants for 125 positions. On her application she highlighted her time management skills as a college athlete. She also used her trials overcoming several serious injuries in another part of her application. I am convinced these aspects helped her stand out on her application from all the other qualified candidates. She will never play professional softball but her softball journey certainly played a huge role in the person she has become.

Congrats!!! DD's former college teammate just got her Vet degree this semester from K-State.

May 27, 2013

Congratulations!!! I am jealous! I still want to be a vet when I grow up!

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Congratulations. That is what it is all about, good to hear how your daughter was able to transfer some of the lesson she learned on the softball field to aid her in getting into her dream job.

Jan 25, 2022
Congrats to her! As the dad of a senior hell-bent on going to vet school, I've reasearched it enough to see how hard it is to get into a school. I honestly still hope she changes her mind before she finishes her bachelor's (currently planning on animal sciences) because of the insane amount of debt she'll have to take on, but if she follows through, I'll definitely be a proud dad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles