Zepp Swing Analyzer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2015
Bought a Zepp last week and used it several times with few players. The bat path/swing on the Zepp looks erratic but video we took of the players looks very smooth. Was wondering if the calibration / set-up was done correctly. Anybody have similar issues?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Bought a Zepp last week and used it several times with few players. The bat path/swing on the Zepp looks erratic but video we took of the players looks very smooth. Was wondering if the calibration / set-up was done correctly. Anybody have similar issues?

I have noticed the same thing, but infrequently. Sometimes the very next swing provides better animations. If not, I unhook it and re-calibrate it. So far I have been very happy with the Zepp although I have only used it a handful of times.

Jul 23, 2014
I'm really struggling with the plane. It seems to be all over the board and rarely, if ever, smooth. I've almost given up on that and I'm trying to flag good contact swings and start tracking the number data and have her target there.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I'm really struggling with the plane. It seems to be all over the board and rarely, if ever, smooth. I've almost given up on that and I'm trying to flag good contact swings and start tracking the number data and have her target there.

which plane?
is it bat vertical or atacking angle?

Jul 23, 2014
Both actually, but more variance from attack angle. Our last session was only off the tee so the majority of the swings were very similar. I wasn't moving the location of the tee as we were working on her hands.

I will video a couple of swings along and marry it to the Zepp data tonight. Is there much value at all to the visual path indicators?

Jun 14, 2013
I just bought the Zepp swing analyzer for my DD and DS. I'm really impressed with it so far. The kids will go through 30-100 cuts a day trying to get all the numbers in the green. My DD is 11 and has always struggled hitting the ball hard. My DS is 8, playing coach pitch and has a naturally incredible swing, getting numbers in the green every time. Anyways, my daughter had a TB scrimmage tonight and hit the ball hard twice and laid down two great bunts. It has been a long time since she has hit the ball that hard. DD is now super pumped to get even better. Watching her 3D swing she needs to stay compact and keep her hands up, finishing high. It's a great tool.

Aug 5, 2015
Not a huge fan, and the results are somewhat suspect. A bunch of my swings (off a tee) show me swinging almost straight up, while others show a perfect looking path (and I have a pretty consistent swing). coach james' anecdotes:
For example, I have a 10 year old who can consistantly swing her 32/22 bat 75mph. But a 16 year old who can routinley crush balls 250' cant seem to get her bat much over 60 mph???
give me even more pause. Plus he's 6'3" 260 with a million years of baseball experience and a female student is hitting as hard as him? Not to sound sexist but that seem ridiculous.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Not a huge fan, and the results are somewhat suspect. A bunch of my swings (off a tee) show me swinging almost straight up, while others show a perfect looking path (and I have a pretty consistent swing). coach james' anecdotes:

give me even more pause. Plus he's 6'3" 260 with a million years of baseball experience and a female student is hitting as hard as him? Not to sound sexist but that seem ridiculous.

I don't recall telling you my height or weight....
Both the kids mentioned are my dd's... And I'd be glad to share all of our data with you if you think I'm full of s**t.
My now 17 yr old can and does hit 250'bombs occasionally, but never did I claim she can hit as hard as me.

Aug 5, 2015
It's in the thread, I read it all!!! :) You claimed to be averaging 95mph, and that you hit 100 once (both of which seem reasonable given what you said about yourself), while a student had hit 98mph. I'm not doubting what your Zepp told you, but doubting the data is correct, a young woman with actual 98mph bat speed would be hitting HRs almost every at-bat, major mishits would be going over the fence. Then there's your DDs who's bat speeds make approximately 0 sense (10u is hitting 75 while the stud 16y/o is hitting 60) (again not saying you lied, but it makes me doubt the Zepp.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan