Youtube- Larry Wendel- Softball Pitching Mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Hal he seems to throw just fine at normal speed. The problems I had were with the audio quality and the fact that every time he slowed something down to explain what you should do, it seemed to opposite of what he was actually doing at full speed.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Not disagreeing with the other observations made. I saw some things I agree with and saw and heard some things I dont.

From the speed of the ball from the rear view, I am assuming he is throwing from 43 to 46 feet. I also sense that he can throw faster than what we saw on the video. I could be wrong but if that is his top speed and it is near the same as when he pitched, it is not too fast.

Despite the tummy, I still think he can throw faster than demonstrated.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Did a search in him. Cant find anywhere it says he was a pitcher. On Tincher's website he list him as an umpire / pitching instructor in Kansas.

Comments

"Larry Wendel says:

June 27, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Loved this article Denny, I can’t believe the number of girls regardless of age that are squaring up and throwing around the hip and not opening the hips. Larry Wendel, Umpire/Pitching Instructor , in Wichita."

Regardless, glad he is trying to help the kids.

Dec 20, 2012
Did a search in him. Cant find anywhere it says he was a pitcher.

Did the same with your name, can't find anything saying you were a pitcher. Well, except for ALL the accolades you have given yourself. LEGEN.... wait for it........ DARY!!!!!

Jul 22, 2012
It looked like the power line was all the way over to the right yet he was starting in the center of the rubber.. He would have have been stepping across the power line every time.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The power line does not have to run down the middle of the pitcher's plate. I wish that the manufacturers wouldn't do that, because then dads think that is a must. Mine is on the right side of the plate, too.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Hi Amy,

Instructors teah it two ways, the powerline is for the throwing arm and the ball should stay on that line, or, the powerline should be at the center of the pitchers body and the center of where the body should stay, on that powerline.

If not in the center of the rubber and to the right,,, what happens when you have a Southpaw pitcher????

May 7, 2008
Tucson
With a lefty, their power line would be to the left. I don't mark it down, permanently. If they prefer to slide their foot on the rubber, their power line is where ever they prefer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG