Xeno Break-In Period?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
Hello,

Now that the prices have come down on the 2014 Xeno, I purchased one for my DD yesterday. She's been wanting one for a long time (she loves Ohio State which is a LS school). She will be pumped when the box arrives.

According to the LS website, the Xeno is ready for game use out of the wrapper. Since we're getting this bat mid-season, I'd like to know if this is true considering if flies in the face of everything I've ever read about composite bats.

My daughter plays 10U rec ball, but she does face travel quality pitching from time to time. Can we really use the Xeno in game play immediately or should we do a normal 500 or so swing break-in buidling in swing strength?

Thanks!

May 17, 2012
Hot out of the wrapper is a marketing term. You can use it in a game but it still needs to be broken in (if it's composite) to get max performance.

Feb 12, 2014
Thanks. I kind of felt that fell into the too good to be true category!

Now, let me reveal my complete ignorance. Will using it in a game somehow damage the bat even if we're only able to get 100 or so swings off a tee on it prior to the game? It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow and we have a game. She's going to want to use the thing and I don't mind as long as we're not limiting what the bat can eventually do.

Last edited:
May 17, 2012
If it were me I would just use it. I would assume you will get some BP before the game. It definitely isn't going to hurt it.

Let her use it! No harm can be done and she should get to experience the excitement of using her new bat in a game right away.

Hopefully, she knocks the snot out of a couple and falls in love with it forever!

Feb 12, 2014
Thanks to everyone. It looks like if we can get the rain to hold off and UPS delivers on time, she'll be hitting with her brand new Xeno tomorrow!

Oct 18, 2009
reagansdaddy - what kind of deal did you get? where did you order from?

maybe time to order a backup bat... hehe

Feb 12, 2014
Softball.com has it on sale for $199. First time I have seen it under 200 and that was my breaking point. I believe justbats.com has it for $199 right now as well. Both have free two day shipping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild