16 Louisville Slugger Xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2019
Recently purchased a '19 Xeno for my DD. It was new in the wrapper. She loves it.

Decided to get her a used, similar model for a cage/emergency back up if the other one breaks. I ended up getting her a '16 Xeno, same length and drop. Looks in decent shape (I know judging a book by it's cover and all that). It has been lizard gripped, other that that looks like a normal lightly used bat. She HATES IT.

According to her, and she is a tween so verbal expression isn't her strong point, it "feels different. " I suppose it could be all hit out or maybe she is just being bougie because it is used.

Finally, my question! Do any of y'all have experience with the 16 Xeno? Is it inherently bad? All hit out? Or, DD being bougie over a used bat? :)

May 4, 2020
Recently purchased a '19 Xeno for my DD. It was new in the wrapper. She loves it.

Decided to get her a used, similar model for a cage/emergency back up if the other one breaks. I ended up getting her a '16 Xeno, same length and drop. Looks in decent shape (I know judging a book by it's cover and all that). It has been lizard gripped, other that that looks like a normal lightly used bat. She HATES IT.

According to her, and she is a tween so verbal expression isn't her strong point, it "feels different. " I suppose it could be all hit out or maybe she is just being bougie because it is used.

Finally, my question! Do any of y'all have experience with the 16 Xeno? Is it inherently bad? All hit out? Or, DD being bougie over a used bat? :)
Never cared for the 16 Xeno. Don’t like the broken glass sound, color scheme. You can get new older models pretty cheap. I wouldn’t go the used bat route unless you know the previous owner and how much use it got.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Love that bat. Love the broken glass sound. Love the pop. The 2017 Xeno never lived up to its name. DD had tried the ghost at Dicks cages but never liked it. Not sure why. Feel, color, everybody's got one, who knows? Then, at my request, borrowed (tried) teammates 2018 ghost at practice and was hitting lasers. Now she loves her 2018 ghost. $185. It is the hottest bat out there, IMO. Even the handle is hot. DD fisted one off the handle for a double down the 3rd baseline. After the game, I asked her if that one stung and she replied "not really".

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Never cared for the 16 Xeno. Don’t like the broken glass sound, color scheme. You can get new older models pretty cheap. I wouldn’t go the used bat route unless you know the previous owner and how much use it got.
That 2016 Xeno is the only Xeno we’ve ever owned, my DD was ALWAYS a LXT girl, we’ve had multiples of the 2014, 2015, 2017, and 2018. The 2015 was my favorite, the 2017 was her favorite. This 2016 Xeno is every bit as hot as those other bats!

That Xeno was always carried as a backup (??), we were in the first round of the State playoffs, she cracked her LTX, we were facing a D1 commit and Anna’s first AB she parked one in the woods in left center, just a no doubter at contact. Her second AB she just about killed that pitcher, hit this ball harder than the HR, scared me, and everyone else!

This was with that backup Xeno, after that night she never picked up that bat again, said she didn’t like the way it felt!!?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why are girls so stupid?? Heck I led the team in HR’s just hitting outfield practice, it was just ridiculously easy to hit one out of a 207’ field with that Xeno!

So yeah, the 2016 is a hammer!

Apr 26, 2019
I may have to gently encourage my DD to give the '16 a chance, even if just taking bp or hitting off the tee. She may decide even though it feels "different", different doesn't always mean bad.

May 4, 2020
That 2016 Xeno is the only Xeno we’ve ever owned, my DD was ALWAYS a LXT girl, we’ve had multiples of the 2014, 2015, 2017, and 2018. The 2015 was my favorite, the 2017 was her favorite. This 2016 Xeno is every bit as hot as those other bats!

That Xeno was always carried as a backup (??), we were in the first round of the State playoffs, she cracked her LTX, we were facing a D1 commit and Anna’s first AB she parked one in the woods in left center, just a no doubter at contact. Her second AB she just about killed that pitcher, hit this ball harder than the HR, scared me, and everyone else!

This was with that backup Xeno, after that night she never picked up that bat again, said she didn’t like the way it felt!!?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why are girls so stupid?? Heck I led the team in HR’s just hitting outfield practice, it was just ridiculously easy to hit one out of a 207’ field with that Xeno!

So yeah, the 2016 is a hammer!
We have 17-20 Xeno’s and they are all good. 17 & 20 LXT’s and they are better.
We were offered 16 Xeno for free and went with the 15 Stealth Speed Retro instead.
The best sounding bat is the 18 Ghost ASA version. Loud crack like wooden bat on steroids.
The Xeno’s, & LXT’s 17 to present have more of a metallic sound and sound awesome when you square them up.
I get what your saying about girls and their choices.
My daughter loves her Ghost Advanced and does great with it.
I had her try a 20 LXT and she hit more HR’s head to head with the LXT. I asked her how she liked the LXT and she replies I don’t like the feel and sound. I responded you realize you hit better with the LXT right? She says I know. I just shake my head and walk away.
The Ghost Adv is a hammer. The LXT is a scalpel.
I like both the DS & Advanced Ghosts. If it’s up to me I’m buying LXT & Xeno’s. Better price and every bit the performance of the Ghosts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi