"Wristy" help needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
:(

I need some help please. My daughter has started letting the ball release out of her hand between her thumb and index finger before she gets her fingers completely behind it.Sort of a screwball type spin with I'm betting her index finger coming up the inside of the ball. It is driving me nuts. She has had a different catcher for the last 2 months so unfortunately I didn't catch (literally) this until last week. I have her back pronating in all her drills and she is doing fine on everything but full speed. At that point it reverts back to that screwing action. Any additional tips other than constant proper repetition.

In another thread it was mentioned that an overhand throw has the opposite final wrist motion vs. an underhand throw. Overhand supinates and underhand should pronate if I understand correctly. If this is incorrect please let me know. I think my daughters wrist is staying supinated at release and then the follow thru pronates? Would this be somewhat of an accurate analysis?

All suggestions to help her get more behind the ball at full speed sure would be welcomed and thanks to all.

On another note, I have used the free pinnacle software (thanks Ken) to step thru my daughters motion but I am unable to slow it enough or blow it up to see what is happening at release. I'm using an Everio gz-ms120 digital . Any software help?

Jan 27, 2010
Has your DD lost speed with this release? Go to bullet spin pitches/fastball thread on page 4.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1