Middle Infield Throws

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Hi All,

Working with my 10u daughter who is moving to 12u in the fall.

She plays primarily SS. She has fallen into a bad habit of turning her wrist inward at release like a screwball motion. I’ve taped her delivery in slow motion and it looks exactly like an overhand pitcher throwing a screwball. The throws are fairly accurate so I didn’t want to mess with her until the season ended.

Anyway, we can’t seem to get it from her brain to her body about pulling downward at release and not rotating the hand inward. As soon as she wants to put a little extra on the ball she subconsciously reverts back to the screwball release. Moving up to the bigger ball and with faster baserunners she’s going to need to correct this to be successful at the next level.

I’ve tried I’ve tried multiple things to correct but can’t breakthrough. Does anyone have any cues I can give her or thoughts on how to address?
Maybe this can give some framework.

Oct 3, 2019
Hi All,

Working with my 10u daughter who is moving to 12u in the fall.

She plays primarily SS. She has fallen into a bad habit of turning her wrist inward at release like a screwball motion. I’ve taped her delivery in slow motion and it looks exactly like an overhand pitcher throwing a screwball. The throws are fairly accurate so I didn’t want to mess with her until the season ended.

Anyway, we can’t seem to get it from her brain to her body about pulling downward at release and not rotating the hand inward. As soon as she wants to put a little extra on the ball she subconsciously reverts back to the screwball release. Moving up to the bigger ball and with faster baserunners she’s going to need to correct this to be successful at the next level.

I’ve tried I’ve tried multiple things to correct but can’t breakthrough. Does anyone have any cues I can give her or thoughts on how to address?
Are you familiar with Dan Blewett? He has YouTube videos on throwing mechanics as well as a formal throwing program. I believe he specifically addresses wrist positioning in his videos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee