Would You Rather?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
The Winning thread got me thinking. This is something I have stressed to my team for many years. Would you rather win a game 21-20 or lose a game 2-1? I'll reserve my comments until later.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Depends. The score means nothing if neither team commits an error and they battle to a 21-20 game and it's all quality hitting is beating the pitching. Losing a game 2-1 because of a basic error probably hurts more plus I would be frustrated that my offense was floundering.

To me this is a hard question to answer but one that a psychologist would love to ask lol. In the end I want to be involved in the better all around game and sometimes that's going to be the 21-20 game, or in the case of my DD's final MS game a 21-19 loss that featured timely hitting, decent pitching and very few "ERRORS" by MS standards.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
If the score is 21-20 because the balls keep finding the gap for both teams, that can be a fun game, but frustrating. If the score is 2-1 because both pitchers are pitching to contact and the defense is making every play, that's probably the funnest game there is. Not a huge fan of watching strikeout after strikeout.

Jun 18, 2013
The Winning thread got me thinking. This is something I have stressed to my team for many years. Would you rather win a game 21-20 or lose a game 2-1? I'll reserve my comments until later.

My DD isn't pitching anymore (right now because we're fickle) so win 21-20.

Oct 3, 2009

Man another great question. I will have to ask my pitcher DD this one. I think it would depend on the game for her. Championship game take the win. Pool game she would probably rather lose 2-1 but not sure.

Oct 22, 2009
I'm going with 20-21, 3-5 runs every inning, so exciting! I'd hate it, if it was a game that went through several extra innings, gotta have the win on those, hate putting all that emotion into it for so long and then losing it by that one run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06