World SB Coaches Conv. Anyone Going?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Anyone attend this in the past or going this year?

I see Patrick Murphy and Sue Enquist will be presenting along with Ally Carda and Lauren Chamberlain.

Feb 8, 2019
I’ve gone every year since 2014 or 15.
good info! Since My DD graduated HS she doesnt go anymore but when she did it was a Lot of fun for us. Sue is an excellent speaker as is Patrick Murphy. Lauren Chamberlain is as well. I dint mean these people are good speakers because they are famous- they speak and present very well! I was just looking at the list of presenters and I have heard manyof them present and they are great! I still coach so i still go without DD And it is excellent! maybe ill see you there!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the info. I spent about 15 minutes talking to Coach Enquist after just saying hi to her. She is very engaging.

Feb 8, 2019
Thanks for the info. I spent about 15 minutes talking to Coach Enquist after just saying hi to her. She is very engaging.
Shes a great speaker/ Communicator/Presenter too!
she taught my DD not to be afraid of talking to coaches. DD was 14 at the time and had trouble conversing with most adults- she did a quick 180 after one if those ‘15 minute conversations” with Sue!

Feb 8, 2019
Shonda Stanton's talk about base running and small ball was excellent! I will be following Indiana this year!

It's a long day but it goes so quickly! I get up at 4;30, get dressed, get the dog out and get on the road , drive 2+ hours and am registered and seated for the 8:00 presentation, I'm in and out of presentations all day, leave after 4:30, get home about 6:
45 and still have more energy than I do every day at 1:00 pm at the office!

Aug 21, 2008
Where is this clinic/seminar held? Is this the Mohegan Sun clinic?

Funny story about Sue Enquist: About 15 years ago (give or take) we both spoke at the All Sports School clinic in Seattle. It's a pretty big coaches clinic that brings in coaches from all over the entire region. I had never heard Sue speak before so I went to her session and just sat in the back. The first thing she asks to 300+ coaches in the room: "Who has my hitting instructional tapes from 10 years ago?" And all 300 or so people raise their hands, wanting to be great pupils and show their dedication. Then she drops the bomb on them, "Throw them away". I think I was the only one in the room who burst out laughing. But she went on to say the information in her VHS tapes were extremely outdated and, in many cases, flat out wrong (squish the bug and other nonsense). Thankfully, she had made all new DVD's with updated information on what hitters are ACTUALLY doing and they will be for sale after her session. I have no idea how many of the 300 people bought her new stuff but, it was a lot!!!

Later that night at the coach's social, where the speakers have a beer with the attendee's, I found myself at the bar getting a drink and Sue walked up. I told her that was the most ingenious marketing plan I'd ever seen!! It was like a Jedi mind trick or something. She gave me a wink and a small smile and disappeared into the crowd. I have no idea, none, zero if she knows her stuff about hitting or not but she became one of my personal hero's after that. I still chuckle about that to this day.

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13