World Softball Coaches’ Convention

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 16, 2021
I have been coaching both baseball and softball and take giving my players good information and great training techniques seriously. I usually coach my DD’s teams and volunteer for developmental and recreational teams for ages 6-12 y/o. There’s a World Softball Coaches’ Convention coming up in January that's being held not far from my home. I’ve never attended this event and I wanted to know if anyone has sat for any of their seminars, or has viewed their videos from years past? Are young players welcomed to that attend? Any good vendors? Is this convention a mainstay in the industry?

Thank you in advance

Sep 21, 2017
PA
Are you talking about Mohegan Sun? It's normally a good one. I looked online at their presenters and it looks like a pretty good lineup. If you have a chance to go, I'd do it.

Brandon Elliot from Virginia Wesleyan is real good.
Cassie Riley-Boccia from SSA played at Alabama and has developed a great following and company.
Kai Correa is INCREDIBLE. He's one of the best infield instructors in the world.
Haylie McCleney, another UA Alum, is very good as well.

I've seen most of the other presenters on the clinic scene the last few years, but they haven't been at the ones I've attended, or I went to a different presentation.

Sep 16, 2021
Are you talking about Mohegan Sun? It's normally a good one. I looked online at their presenters and it looks like a pretty good lineup. If you have a chance to go, I'd do it.

Brandon Elliot from Virginia Wesleyan is real good.
Cassie Riley-Boccia from SSA played at Alabama and has developed a great following and company.
Kai Correa is INCREDIBLE. He's one of the best infield instructors in the world.
Haylie McCleney, another UA Alum, is very good as well.

I've seen most of the other presenters on the clinic scene the last few years, but they haven't been at the ones I've attended, or I went to a different presentation.
Yes, that's the convention. There aren't a lot of conventions or clinics in the northeast. I didn't want to advertise for them, but I'm sure everyone can Google the info. Thanks for your reply.

Aug 21, 2008
I used to try EVERY year to get into that clinic as a speaker, both there and the Cherry Hill NJ clinic. Neither place would give me so much as a courtesy email back saying No thanks!! I know clinics like that, and Cherry Hill (Ralph Weekly of Tennessee softball used to book the speakers for that one) prefer their speakers to be a college coaches. I gave up trying to speak at either one long ago. lol.

I guess I'm not Penske material. (Seinfeld reference, sorry couldn't help myself).

Sep 16, 2021
I used to try EVERY year to get into that clinic as a speaker, both there and the Cherry Hill NJ clinic. Neither place would give me so much as a courtesy email back saying No thanks!! I know clinics like that, and Cherry Hill (Ralph Weekly of Tennessee softball used to book the speakers for that one) prefer their speakers to be a college coaches. I gave up trying to speak at either one long ago. lol.

I guess I'm not Penske material. (Seinfeld reference, sorry couldn't help myself).
Thank you for your reply. I went to your Facebook page; I hope you’re in good health. I’m not familiar with the Cherry Hill clinic. If you have any resources on coaches’ clinics or conventions in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area, I would appreciate it.

Thank you again and be well

Jan 8, 2019
I’ve not had the opportunity to go to the Mohegan Sun event, but it was on my wish list.

I would second the praise of Kai Correa! (I do not think he is related to Carlos Correa.). He is an MLB infield coach and his videos are awesome (google)!

NFCA has their big conference the first week of December. Not sure how they compare, but I think the NFCA is the big dog of the two. Their convention was amazing! It’s in San Antonio this year and moves around yearly.

For the NFCA convention, youth athletes are not allowed to attend, as the convention is a blackout period for recruiting to allow for all college coaches to have the opportunity to attend without missing recruiting opportunities or violating any rules. Not sure if the WSC event would be the same, but I would expect it to be.

Hope you’re able to attend one or both! Great opportunity to meet and mingle with great people!

Aug 21, 2008
Thank you for your reply. I went to your Facebook page; I hope you’re in good health. I’m not familiar with the Cherry Hill clinic. If you have any resources on coaches’ clinics or conventions in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area, I would appreciate it.

Thank you again and be well
Lemond is right, NFCA is the biggest coaches clinic around. If you're not already a member, it'd be work checking into and becoming a member. I don't know the cost. I spoke at their annual convention about 15 years ago in Las Vegas. They usually have different speakers discussing different things at the same time. SO at 1pm, you have to decide if you wanna listen to a hitting coach or a pitching coach type thing. When I spoke that year, there was nothing else happening during the time I spoke and it was in the large ballroom. 5000 coaches were there watching, and I did a "pitching debate" with 2 other speakers. It was a lot of fun. NFCA also has coaching courses you can take. NFCA.org I think is the site.

Ohio also used to have a great coaches clinic, and one of the best ones I've ever spoke at was in Wisconsin... if you're up for traveling.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

Dear Mr.B
We appreciate you contacting us regarding your interest in providing excellent softball feedback. However our Guest speaker list is currently full.
Best Regards

With a little toot toot 🥳🥳 and a wink 😉
😁

Sep 16, 2021
I’ve not had the opportunity to go to the Mohegan Sun event, but it was on my wish list.

I would second the praise of Kai Correa! (I do not think he is related to Carlos Correa.). He is an MLB infield coach and his videos are awesome (google)!

NFCA has their big conference the first week of December. Not sure how they compare, but I think the NFCA is the big dog of the two. Their convention was amazing! It’s in San Antonio this year and moves around yearly.

For the NFCA convention, youth athletes are not allowed to attend, as the convention is a blackout period for recruiting to allow for all college coaches to have the opportunity to attend without missing recruiting opportunities or violating any rules. Not sure if the WSC event would be the same, but I would expect it to be.

Hope you’re able to attend one or both! Great opportunity to meet and mingle with great people!

I live in NYC. A trip to Texas wouldn’t work for my family. I would also prefer to communicate with directors and coaches in my region.

Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 21, 2017
PA
The Cherry Hill NJ clinic is called Be The Best. It's now in Wilmington, North Carolina though. It was bought out and now one of the assistants at UNCW runs it, Diego Ibarra. I believe they're running both a baseball and softball convention at the same time, again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812