World Cup of Softball: USA vs Canada-RULES DIFFERENCE

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Leaping and replanting are two different things in my mind. Leaping does not provide a huge advantage, replanting does. Do international rules for women allow replanting?

Yes sir I do know this. :)

But they are not leaping nor replanting like they teach in California for the last 8-10 years .

Feb 7, 2013
Yes sir I do know this. :)

But they are not leaping nor replanting like they teach in California for the last 8-10 years .

Interesting...I don't know of a single pitching coach in CA that teach leaping and replanting as a technique. Care to name, names?

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
DmystifieD is the one that I recall posting it being taught for 10 years in CA.

BINGO! simple game. This really isn't a tough subject to comprehend, nor new. This is EXACTLY why we have been taught this for at least 10 years... on the west coast. No clue where else they teach it, I would say others have accepted the practice and are doing it. It's been a part of this game a LONG time.

Trying not to take his post out of context but if you had read the deleted thread about the young players that were being called for illegal pitching then you would understand this quote better. Maybe he will reply.

Apr 12, 2013
DmystifieD is the one that I recall posting it being taught for 10 years in CA.

Trying not to take his post out of context but if you had read the deleted thread about the young players that were being called for illegal pitching then you would understand this quote better. Maybe he will reply.

I wont change a thing i have said other than enlightening more, as I am witness. This is NOT something being taught to everyone who comes through the door, nor is it a staple of any coach. Not by a long shot. Maybe that is what is being missed in what I am saying. By no means was I trying to imply that a 13 year old with NO leg drive was being taught this. It is NOT a component of every lesson for every suzy. It is just more information shown to those that have demonstrated they may be able to utilize. a select few really. It's not for everyone. Google is the friend. Just search skills videos of girls known for this and you will find that they have been practicing it a very long time, long before a twinkle in a coaches eye. It didn't "just" happen. Keeping the damn foot out of the dirt is a GOOD thing.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I wont change a thing i have said other than enlightening more, as I am witness. This is NOT something being taught to everyone who comes through the door, nor is it a staple of any coach. Not by a long shot. Maybe that is what is being missed in what I am saying. By no means was I trying to imply that a 13 year old with NO leg drive was being taught this. It is NOT a component of every lesson for every suzy. It is just more information shown to those that have demonstrated they may be able to utilize. a select few really. It's not for everyone. Google is the friend. Just search skills videos of girls known for this and you will find that they have been practicing it a very long time, long before a twinkle in a coaches eye. It didn't "just" happen. Keeping the damn foot out of the dirt is a GOOD thing.

I suspect it is not taught but what was observed were just pitchers with poor mechanics.

Apr 12, 2013
I suspect it is not taught but what was observed were just pitchers with poor mechanics.

We received the taught instruction (dare I say years ago, YEARS), this is not an observation. please! You are struggling with a simple fact that I chose to pass along! Have you gone to google yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles