Winter Indoor Pitching Mats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2013
I made my own mat a few years back. The stronger dd#1 got, the tougher it was to maintain. This year I broke down and bought the 3x10 for 139 from allturfmats.com. I love the fact I can easily transport it if needed. So far it's been awesome.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Nov 25, 2012
USA
After much deliberation, I decided against making the mat on my own. The determining factor was that I needed something that I could put down quickly and then take up after we pitch. I don't have the luxury this winter of leaving it in place for extended periods of time.

So with that said, I found a pretty good deal on Amazon for a 3X10 mat for $123.48 which includes free shipping and no sales tax so I took it. It does not come with a painted power line which I am completely fine with and can do myself if I decide to. I had not seen a price this good so thought I would share. Below is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=PM36120NL

Jun 12, 2015
I'm going to pick up the horse stall mat from Tractor Supply I think. Put a duct taped mound and power line. I like that idea and TS is 5 minutes from my house.

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
We have both the long Powerline rubber pitching mat and two of the short Jenny Finch pitching mats. Both work well but mainly we use the long rubber mat. One thing though, we have to tape the mat down because it tends to move. Not from the push off but when our girls plant. None of it was cheap I might add.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
what are 3/8 inch rubbers? did this go under the rubber? Are you saying the rubber is taller?

Pitching plate/rubber that is 3/8 inch thick. I buy stall/shop mat in both 3/4 and 3/8 inch thicknesses and cut them into 6x24 inch slabs. The kids/parents can recess 3/4 inch plates for use outside and the 3/8 inch plates can be used indoors or on smooth surfaces.

Mar 9, 2015
Got some turf remnant and attached a pitching rubber. Have been using for about 4 years and still in good condition. Total cost about $75.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
If anyone is interested, just made an indoor matt, bought the 3/8 stall matting from tractor supply. Very good cushioning. The 3/4 was too firm, a lot like pitching on concrete. You can buy the 1/4 or 3/8 by the foot. I got a 4'×7' piece, split it, so really I ended up with 2 matts. Painted the power line, glued the pitching rubber on with liquid nails. Looks great. Seems very durable. Took less than 2hrs, cost about $25 per matt. Rolls up and light enough to take with you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad