Winter Indoor Pitching Mats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 20, 2013
Any opinions on the mat below? It's an actual anti-fatigue style mat you would find in offices, stores, etc. with hard floors is where I've seen these used.

http://www.amazon.com/Bertech-Stati..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0DYXEG29ED5EWAFQZS5H

In HI we don't have stall mats or Tractor Supply type stores so I have to be a little creative online as Lowe's and Home Depots items are typically more expensive in store for an item like above.

Our uses would be in the house in front of a mirror practicing mainly landing powerline issues and release/body position/posture issues. Second use would be outdoors on smooth paved court (the green painted kind, think it's asphalt underneath) for actual pitching. We don't have indoor facilities in HI for softball uses and finding good lighted fields is getting harder to come by for short night sessions. Looks like it rolls up real nice for easy transport.

Do you guys think the mat/foam would be too soft? Only plan to use trainer shoes, no cleats at all. Also mounting the rubber, I was thinking the no-residue duct tape being mentioned as I would like to be able to just leave it lying around the house for example. DD is turning 11, petite, and getting back into the pitching position so she's not exactly powerful and flying off the rubber.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves