Wilson A2k 1721 vs Wilson A2k David Wright

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2019
I wanted to add to this convo because there is not much out there about the 1721 yet. It's great! I bought one for the exact reason that I wanted a 12" h-web for softball purposes, and it fits the bill (and the ball) very well. Don't be put off by descriptions that it has a shallow pocket. For me it's a more neutral pocket that can be made deeper through break-in. Furthermore, the length feels tall for a 12" compared to a Rawlings, although the hand stall should work fine for small hands.

Here is a comparison of size between a Rawlings PRO206-6JTB 12-inch next to Wilson 1721 12-in.48105217537_bf2a02b8e6_c.jpg

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I wanted to add to this convo because there is not much out there about the 1721 yet. It's great! I bought one for the exact reason that I wanted a 12" h-web for softball purposes, and it fits the bill (and the ball) very well. Don't be put off by descriptions that it has a shallow pocket. For me it's a more neutral pocket that can be made deeper through break-in. Furthermore, the length feels tall for a 12" compared to a Rawlings, although the hand stall should work fine for small hands.

Here is a comparison of size between a Rawlings PRO206-6JTB 12-inch next to Wilson 1721 12-in.View attachment 15077

I'm in love with that 1721, but do not have any kind of justification to buy one for myself. I'd buy one for my DD in a heartbeat, but she doesn't like the brown leather,

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm in love with that 1721, but do not have any kind of justification to buy one for myself. I'd buy one for my DD in a heartbeat, but she doesn't like the brown leather,
Justification :LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:, what’s that? Good Lord if I lived by that I would have never opened an account here!

If you like it and want one, get one!

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I am in the same boat. Would love to get DD one of these killer gloves but she doesnt like the tan or black.

I can probably afford to get one for myself when she quits playing....

Mar 4, 2018

Here is a comparison of size between a Rawlings PRO206-6JTB 12-inch next to Wilson 1721 12-in.

That is a very good review of the 1721. I agree with everything you said. I purchased an A2k 1721 a few days after I started this post. IMO, the A2k 1721 is significantly bigger than my daughters 1787 A2k. I would not call the pocket shallow either.

The 1721 is not broken in yet, and will not be game ready until the spring season. Once the glove is broken in properly, I anticipate the glove will appear smaller once the pocket gets deeper. I refuse to do any of the stuff that breaks glove in faster such as steaming. Just old fashion catch for and a mallet for break in. The 1721 would make a perfect glove for a 3rd baseman or a shortstop who prefers a slightly bigger glove.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Here is a comparison of size between a Rawlings PRO206-6JTB 12-inch next to Wilson 1721 12-in.View attachment 15077
Good looking pair!!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Justification :LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:, what’s that? Good Lord if I lived by that I would have never opened an account here!

If you like it and want one, get one!

I can't justify spending that much money on a glove that will not get used at all (really). I know you can, but I can't.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying