Why do I coach my own DD?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
Why? If I wanted unabated frustration I would spend more time at work dealing with customers. She spent 10 minutes at pitching practice arguing that she was not crow hopping. Whipped out cell phone, took video, showed DD video. Our conversation:

Me, "See your drive foot? You are stepping forward"
DD, "Oh THAT is what you mean by crow hopping. I was just trying out something new. I will stop."
Me, Bang head against fence...

Oct 19, 2009
Last year dd played for another coach while I coached my younger dd's team. My two girls are very different.

Older one will test all the limits to see what she can get away with. Younger one is a perfectionist and very coachable.

Last year older dd had coaches who were laid back and didn't ride her like she needs. This year the coach doesn't cut her any slack and she is much better for it. I am banging my head against the fence a lot more this year though. I feel your pain.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
DUH! Why didn't I think of the cell phone video...thanks SO CAL! We had nearly the same exact thing last night. Oldest dd (the pitcher convert to catcher) decides that she would like to occasionally pitch in rec league, mostly because there aren't many good pitchers. Her PC (when had one) was always on her about her right foot (right handed pitcher) going way left of her left foot, (picture a bowler).

So our conversation. Pitch. Me "your foot went clear over behind your left foot"
Her "no it didn't"
Pitch ME "you did it again, you look like a ballarina"
Her "no I didn't"
Pitch and foot stays there Me "Look where your foot is...I told you."
Her "well just that time."
Finally I just said "Do whatever you want."

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
The Playsport is an awesome tool. The step-by-step part is great. I've had more kids make more quick corrections as a result of it than anything else. There's nothing like seeing it for yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck