Why didn't you say that yesterday!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
So my DD started trying to get a good pitching spiral using a football. Her overhand is great and any boy would be envious of the spiral she gets. She has had limited success so far underhand. I have shown her how to do it and tried about every way I could think of to have her use as a que. Palm to the sky, lead with the elbow, let the arm drop, just the oposite of overhand, lead with the back of the hand, like holding a glass of water to the sky, tip of the football through release and more that I just can't remember. But yesterday was a new day so I needed to think of another que. I saw WAspeed mention lead with the pinky so what the heck I'll try that one and add thump over to finish. First throw of the day, perfect spiral, Wow, so she grabed another football and another perfect one! OK, so she grabs the third football and just wings it, it kept going up and up it goes, a perfect rise ball! There it goes, over the fence and into the neighboors yard. So she says, "Seriously now, why didn't you say that yesterday!"

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Very cool! It amazes me how different cues click for different folks. A similar cue is to put nickel-sized dots between the narrows and have the pitcher throw the pinky-side dot at the target.

Apr 30, 2011
Portland, Or
Wouldn't it be nice if language could translate exact meaning? Had a recent similar breakthrough with DD and hitting. Her instructor had been battling a certain part of her motion off and on for a couple years. She would get it and then lose it. Last week a new cue and BAM, she has it and repeats as well as she has ever performed that motion. Better yet she can feel the action, which makes it easily repeatable and her able to self diagnose and is what had been missing before and why she would lose it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1