Who's playing ball this weekend??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD will be the Host team this Tournament. Our first game is tonight and then your girls first thing tomorrow morning. Should be fun, at least this time we will be facing you guys in pool play so it's not a win and go home situation. There is a good chance we will meet twice if both our teams continue to play well. Good luck out there

Oh yea, we will also be hosting Districts too. Beware,Trabuco Canyon will be at Districts and from what I have seen first hand and I've heard from many other team coaches/parents, they are the team to beat in our division

Good luck tonight! The battle for first place in Pool A is a big deal for us. We'd rather go home Saturday afternoon and come back Sunday than hang around all day and play our 3rd game on Saturday evening. If you guys play Saturday evening, you can relax at home after you play us in the morning. We have an hour commute each way which makes it a bit too far to go home and come back later in the day.

Although we've primarily been playing in your area, we are actually in the Northern District, and we haven't yet played against any of the other teams yet. Our first game in Districts is against West Covina. Hopefully, we'll see you again in Lancaster.

Is Trabuco Canyon the same as Rancho Trabuco? We lost 3-2 against RT in the Huntington Beach tournament on a 2-out, 3-run, walk-off triple by their big hitter. They're a hell of a team.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Good luck tonight! Hopefully, we'll see you again in Lancaster.

Is Trabuco Canyon the same as Rancho Trabuco? We lost 3-2 against RT in the Huntington Beach tournament on a 2-out, 3-run, walk-off triple by their big hitter. They're a hell of a team.

Yup, same team my mistake. Rancho Trabuco hosted the Trabuco Canyon Tournament. They beat us 1-4 in a similar fashion as the game we lost to your girls.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Although we've primarily been playing in your area, we are actually in the Northern District, and we haven't yet played against any of the other teams yet. Our first game in Districts is against West Covina. Hopefully, we'll see you again in Lancaster.

My youngest is also 8u and we are in the Northern District. We haven't played West Covina yet, so I can't offer you anything there. See you at the District tournament.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My youngest is also 8u and we are in the Northern District. We haven't played West Covina yet, so I can't offer you anything there. See you at the District tournament.

What team is your DD playing on? Where are you playing this weekend?

Feb 3, 2011
Metros in Sac as well, so 1 pool play game tonite fairly close to home, then will play the string out starting tomorrow about 30 minutes from here.

May 18, 2009
My girls are playing 120 miles apart. I'm staying with the oldest who's games start later and closer so I can be home on Saturday for the first time since April.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
It rained hard this afternoon but the fields will be fine tomorrow - but I suspect probably not ready for the 8am scheduled game. Getting a little ticked off that they are not pushing start times out until after we have to leave for the fields in the morning (or even provided an update).

Tournament organization this year has not been as good as in the past. Some of the decisions that have been made have started to really grate. This week they are scheduling 4-5 hour breaks between games for younger age groups for the sole purpose of making sure older age divisions get seeding games in and not demand refunds if they don't get the guaranteed number of games in instead of just getting more fields and more umpires (which are available). It may work this year but it will mean we wont return the following year.