Who would you prefer to teach you DD, to pitch, C Thomas or J Taylor?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
With much thought on this, it really doesn't matter, who the PC is. The best PC in the world, who ever that maybe for some. It is still only up to the student to take what they have learned and apply it to their game. You can't teach heart or hard work, that is only within the player. A girl could learn from their parents or grandparent, that have never played or even started to learn until their dd started and with hard work and heart to excel, go be the next great pitcher.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
With much thought on this, it really doesn't matter, who the PC is. The best PC in the world, who ever that maybe for some. It is still only up to the student to take what they have learned and apply it to their game. You can't teach heart or hard work, that is only within the player. A girl could learn from their parents or grandparent, that have never played or even started to learn until their dd started and with hard work and heart to excel, go be the next great pitcher.
Jordan Taylor is a great example of the above statement. Her PC had to be the worst, but it didn't really matter. Her practice made her pitching ways permanent.

Jul 14, 2008
I think the guru you are referring to is BoardMember.

First of all, I am not.......Nor have I ever claimed to be a "guru"........I don't believe anyone is a guru regarding pitching mechanics..........

The difference between Mr. X and myself, or Hal, or Rich Balswick, or Bill Gillis, or Snuffer, and many others for that matter.......Is that while we all spent time ON the field as pitchers..........Some of us have spent the last 25+ years TEACHING the craft to young kids BESIDES our own DD's........Which has led us to learning/utilizing many approaches to many parts of the craft that work for some and not others, in order to give EVERYONE a chance to experience the game AT SOME LEVEL........Vs. name dropping, and bragging about ourselves to anyone who would listen for the last 30 years..........

And here's the difference between myself and Mr. X........And you can take this to the bank.........

Unlike Mr. X........My life in fastpitch is NOT defined by HOW WELL I DID......Or who I knew......Or who I played with......Or who taught me to pitch.........

My life in fastpitch is defined by WHO I HELPED to learn this awesome craft of fastpitch;.......And how many of them I helped........From one on one lessons for 20 years.......In person........And through my writings in places like this about how to actually throw a softball underhand in the first place........From 8yo's to young adults......From the rec level, to the D1 level........And beyond.........

What Mr. X does not say in his rants on arm swing and roll drop........Is that 1 in 10,000 young kids who aspire to pitch will even make it the college level...........Maybe one in 3000 will pitch high school.........Maybe 1 in 1000 will make it past the rec level.......And 1 in 500 will make it past the first 10 games........And in 1/2 these kids.......Confining them to ONE absolute style would've increased those numbers by two fold at least........

I've asked once.......And I'll ask again........Show me a video of one of Mr. X's students.........Some he's personally taught to pitch.........Or even a video clip of Mr. X himself throwing a softball underhand........A smart phone clip will do just fine........

Bottom line is........I don't have much respect for someone who coaches "from the couch"...........

It's just the way I am..........

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
First of all, I am not.......Nor have I ever claimed to be a "guru"........I don't believe anyone is a guru regarding pitching mechanics..........

The difference between Mr. X and myself, or Hal, or Rich Balswick, or Bill Gillis, or Snuffer, and many others for that matter.......Is that while we all spent time ON the field as pitchers..........Some of us have spent the last 25+ years TEACHING the craft to young kids BESIDES our own DD's........Which has led us to learning/utilizing many approaches to many parts of the craft that work for some and not others, in order to give EVERYONE a chance to experience the game AT SOME LEVEL........Vs. name dropping, and bragging about ourselves to anyone who would listen for the last 30 years..........

And here's the difference between myself and Mr. X........And you can take this to the bank.........

Unlike Mr. X........My life in fastpitch is NOT defined by HOW WELL I DID......Or who I knew......Or who I played with......Or who taught me to pitch.........

My life in fastpitch is defined by WHO I HELPED to learn this awesome craft of fastpitch;.......And how many of them I helped........From one on one lessons for 20 years.......In person........And through my writings in places like this about how to actually throw a softball underhand in the first place........From 8yo's to young adults......From the rec level, to the D1 level........And beyond.........

What Mr. X does not say in his rants on arm swing and roll drop........Is that 1 in 10,000 young kids who aspire to pitch will even make it the college level...........Maybe one in 3000 will pitch high school.........Maybe 1 in 1000 will make it past the rec level.......And 1 in 500 will make it past the first 10 games........And in 1/2 these kids.......Confining them to ONE absolute style would've increased those numbers by two fold at least........

I've asked once.......And I'll ask again........Show me a video of one of Mr. X's students.........Some he's personally taught to pitch.........Or even a video clip of Mr. X himself throwing a softball underhand........A smart phone clip will do just fine........

Bottom line is........I don't have much respect for someone who coaches "from the couch"...........

I don't care what you did, only what you do now, and what I read from this day on. I'm not snowballed easily. I don't need your respect. Ignore me. I read all and reply if a reply is needed. Don't quit your day job.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.

I don't care what you did, only what you do now, and what I read from this day on. I'm not snowballed easily. I don't need your respect. Ignore me. I read all and reply if a reply is needed. Don't quit your day job.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
BoardMember, outstanding post and as most know here who have been members for any length of time, you have posted video of your students in both hitting and pitching. Really, it is the difference between those sitting in the stands telling everyone about the good ole days and how great they were as opposed to the guy on the field actually coaching the youth.

Per those that disagree with my opinions, some like Hal have produced materials and all of know exactly what he TEACHES so I have to respect that. As Teddy Roosevelt one mentioned, BoardMember and Hal are guys "in the arena." Anything else is walking to school both ways up hill in four feet of snow. Video please!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
BoardMember, outstanding post and as most know here who have been members for any length of time, you have posted video of your students in both hitting and pitching. Really, it is the difference between those sitting in the stands telling everyone about the good ole days and how great they were as opposed to the guy on the field actually coaching the youth.

Per those that disagree with my opinions, some like Hal have produced materials and all of know exactly what he TEACHES so I have to respect that. As Teddy Roosevelt one mentioned, BoardMember and Hal are guys "in the arena." Anything else is walking to school both ways up hill in four feet of snow. Video please!

I see the arena as 2013... & who has a horse in the race this year. The field is divided by...who has the most media savoy. The methods are E-book memberships, that include video links, and even Virtual Conferences.... Don't agree ? Just Skype Ken, and ask him. My DD can Skype all her friends. She can set a tripod and record herself, encode it to mobile or 1080i, and publish it to most all venues. She and several of her friends have not only FB but also have Y-Tube accounts. She can text or message college player's & the greats...She can study spray charts of her games....She can mount my DSLR lenses to her friends iPhone... I wait for android/google to catch up... lol

Get your seat belts on.... :{)) all this will be old history by next year. Go Class of 2020

perfect-circle-albums-x_pitching-picture3954-4-30-2013-9-05-10-am.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2009
Does ANYONE ever understand what Perfect Circle is saying? XPitcher has his agenda, Hal is always selling books, etc. But PC's posts are just "out there". I never have a clue about what he's saying, they very rarely are about softball. Its just very odd.

CG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00