What do y’all see?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
She is all tied up in the white/red. Is that her swing or did she get beat inside and collapse everything trying to get to the pitch?

Aug 20, 2017
She is all tied up in the white/red. Is that her swing or did she get beat inside and collapse everything trying to get to the pitch?
Pitch was probably middle-in. Single between SS/3B. Yes sir! She “looks” all tied up. Great way to put it. Pitch on black/white was up and in. Rope a double over the left fielders head. Red/white is current swing and she’s been struggling. You are on to it!

Jul 19, 2021
Pitch was probably middle-in. Single between SS/3B. Yes sir! She “looks” all tied up. Great way to put it. Pitch on black/white was up and in. Rope a double over the left fielders head. Red/white is current swing and she’s been struggling. You are on to it!
Red/white swing looks too rotational. Needs to be more linear like the black swing.

Jul 19, 2021
Another good observation! Another reason why we have to teach what happens pre launch and post launch
Used to happen to my DD. You get too rotational and the centrifugal force doesn't occur to the degree that is necessary to extend the arms. Have her practice doing the scissors with her feet (back foot moving towards 3rd base dugout.), as Swingbuilder had my daughter do. It will force her to become more linear and extension will follow.

Notice where Alvarez's back foot starts and where it ends up? Swingbuilder called it the scissors. Works wonders for resisting over rotation of the hips and as a result, gives the arms/hands leverage.

1714321575918.png

1714321635787.png
1714321934032.png
1714321994212.png

Aug 20, 2017
Can you elaborate on this.
In the black/white pic the knob is working up at belly button which results in a path that is slightly up through the ball. Knob is still facing the ball in the red/white pic which indicates a flatter path at contact. Sliglhty up results in good extension. Flat to level results in bat swinging around and left.

I think the belly button is good checkpoints for the knob. It lets you know path. Now what causes the knob to start working up at or before belly button is up for discussion.

My DD leads her team with 9 bombs this year as a sophomore. She has been struggling the last 3 weeks. I had to go back and watch a ton of video to pin point the mechanic. We worked on tilt and working slightly up through the ball last weekend. Mostly did stop swings at extension with barrel point at 2B on front toss. Took a while for her to be able to stop with barrel at 2B. Could only stop with barrel extension at 3B. Had to focus on launching rearwards and letting ball get deeper. She got back on the right track quickly.

The purpose of the post is mainly to show that extension is a byproduct of a good path (slightly up and from the inside). Hitting window gets bigger. Ability to work oppo is better. If your DD is struggling with consistency go check where the knob is pointing at the belly button and check extension. I think the two have a causational relationship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207