Which sanction ball is better

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
Which sanction ball(nsa/asa/ussa) is most teams playing in Illinois/Indiana area. And which level (nsa/asa/usssa) do you feel has the best competition.

Jan 15, 2009
For local play it always varies, but from a nationals level it's ASA out of that group. ASA regional National is probably comparable to the others main nationals. I believe that Moline IL has 14UA ASA and Indiana has 12UA ASA this year and you will see teams from out west travel to those Nationals tourneys where I would be suprised to see USSSA or NSA draw teams from those areas to a midwest location for a National tourney.

Oct 21, 2009
IMHO: order of quality teams
1. ASA/USA GOLD
2. ASA/USA

3. NSA
3. ASA - Regionals
3. USSSA

I believe you HAVE to win a qualifying tournament to get into the top 2, the area directors of the bottom 3 give out 'at large' bids like candy at halloween. Not to say there aren't some very good teams at the bottom 3 and with the economy hurting some teams may stay a little closer to home.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Which sanction ball(nsa/asa/ussa) is most teams playing in Illinois/Indiana area. And which level (nsa/asa/usssa) do you feel has the best competition.

It really depends on if it is north, central or south and the age group. At the older age groups you will see a lot of the same teams at ASA/NSA in the central sections. In the southern sections you will see more USSSA and USFA?

3sDad

In Mississippi, USFA is much larger than ASA and USSSA in a distant 3rd...ASA seems to be pricing / ruling themselves out of the market....

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
In Tennessee USFA is king. Followed by USGF and USSSA. USFA in TN will pull top level teams from 3-5 states away, of coarse depending on the venue. USGF does good pulling more local teams ( 100-150 miles apart ).

We usually play 4-5 ASA tournaments each season, ( few hours away ) and I still haven't figured out what all the hype about ASA is. Because if the ASA teams are traveling 3-5-7 hours to come play I'd think they would be very tough. But the teams in USFA to me have better talent and better coaching.

We are very lucky to have a new million $$ complex an hour away. It has 17 fields ( covers over 100 acres ), 5 very nice concession stands ( 2 with large covered pavilions ), gift shop, plasma tv's so the dads can keep up with other sports :), and 3-4 nice restaurants that surround the complex within walking distance. It has really done it's job to pull good talent into TN.

Oct 25, 2009
In Tennessee USFA is king. Followed by USGF and USSSA. USFA in TN will pull top level teams from 3-5 states away, of coarse depending on the venue. USGF does good pulling more local teams ( 100-150 miles apart ).

We usually play 4-5 ASA tournaments each season, ( few hours away ) and I still haven't figured out what all the hype about ASA is. Because if the ASA teams are traveling 3-5-7 hours to come play I'd think they would be very tough. But the teams in USFA to me have better talent and better coaching.

We are very lucky to have a new million $$ complex an hour away. It has 17 fields ( covers over 100 acres ), 5 very nice concession stands ( 2 with large covered pavilions ), gift shop, plasma tv's so the dads can keep up with other sports :), and 3-4 nice restaurants that surround the complex within walking distance. It has really done it's job to pull good talent into TN.

What is the location and name of that complex? It sounds awesome!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Jacksonsportsplex.com They have a video link on the home page that kinda gives you an idea of the place and lay out. Best complex I've ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00