What to do in this situation?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2011
Los Angeles
mdgtoothy said:
Watching a game last night that was an elimination game in a local rec tournament. Rules were no new inning after 1:30, if tied go to ITB.

In this case, I'm with mad hornet. You play the game as you would without time limit.

This sounds like a game I watched on Sunday. Only this was a drop dead game and the score reverts back to the end of the last complete inning.

That's very different. You can't really play the game as you would without time limit, due to the reverting the score part. In my experience, that's why everyone prefers 'no new inning' rules over 'drop dead and revert' rules (except tournament organizers with too tight a schedule).

We were once in a similar situation (got ahead in top of inning, but score will revert if we don't finish), with a similar problem: by the time we got our intentions across to our rallying 12U players, the other team had caught on too. Instead of refusing to tag runners, they simply refused to pitch. After the pitcher stood there for about 40 seconds, the ump would call a ball (I'm not even sure whether there is such a rule, or he just made it up on the spot). Strange enough, the parents on the other team felt that we were cheating ...

Nov 1, 2009
If you want to end the inning or expedite the inning steal second. If she is safe you have a runner in scoring position and if she is out you get a shot at another inning with the top of your line up. Don't quit (step off) but also be smart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck