What powers the barrel turn?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Knee, this is where the confusion might lye. The "position" of the knee, in front of the pelvis. and bent. if you think the knee is not important, try hitting with straight legs

Okay Mann, let's address your concern.

First let's begin with some clarity of your perspective.

In your hitting model, what do you have the 'rear knee' pulling on? At what point in the swing is the 'rear knee' pulling on this body segment?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Okay Mann, let's address your concern.

First let's begin with some clarity of your perspective.

In your hitting model, what do you have the 'rear knee' pulling on? At what point in the swing is the 'rear knee' pulling on this body segment?

Not my model, i was just commenting on bagwells rear leg.

right here
bagwellrearlegkeepgif.gif

To be clear what i teach is coil forward, slow ride forward, with groin clamp, from a flexed knee position works fine for me.

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
backmuscles.jpg

After a gruelling Easter family 6 on 6 whiffle ball game, my serratus posterior inferior(s) were sore.

My team lost 17-16. DD had the winning double with two outs in the bottom of the 9th.

Apr 1, 2014
What you see are the fundamental levers at work.
Bagwell_rearleg.gif

Just as there are differing styles in the high level hitter, there are shades of yellow. If Bagwell’s swing is of a color yellow, you will see the glaring fundamentals of red and green that make it up. You may deny this assessment, but you might have to question whether we are all hung up with dogma, and refuse see at that way. You cannot disprove to me the intentional inward turn of the knee in the high level hitter, because none of you has produced your high level student.

Whether the knee is turned in intentionally or not, is it wrong? It does remove slack as some of you admit. See what would happen if you taught purposefully. What do you lose? The goals is the “feel” in the rear hip socket because this is the most difficult to teach.

The high level hitter creates a mechanism in the hip socket far different from the dogma that is currently followed. The high level hitter punches to the ball with the back. All will see it as a push, if you do not understand the specifics of the corner to generate it. All we see is the "reactive" inward turn of the knee, because your paradigm does not reconcile it being active.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
What you see are the fundamental levers at work.
Bagwell_rearleg.gif

Just as there are differing styles in the high level hitter, there are shades of yellow. If Bagwell’s swing is of a color yellow, you will see the glaring fundamentals of red and green that make it up. You may deny this assessment, but you might have to question whether we are all hung up with dogma, and refuse see at that way. You cannot disprove to me the intentional inward turn of the knee in the high level hitter, because none of you has produced your high level student.

Whether the knee is turned in intentionally or not, is it wrong? It does remove slack as some of you admit. See what would happen if you taught purposefully. What do you lose? The goals is the “feel” in the rear hip socket because this is the most difficult to teach.

The high level hitter creates a mechanism in the hip socket far different from the dogma that is currently followed. The high level hitter punches to the ball with the back. All will see it as a push, if you do not understand the specifics of the corner to generate it. All we see is the "reactive" inward turn of the knee, because your paradigm does not reconcile it being active.

Here goes...... as some also veiw the front leg. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom