What parents are really saying...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
For the playing in the dirt I one time said "cats scratch in the dirt, are you doing it for the same reason?" Only got a befuddled look, but the other parents thought it funny (except DW)

or "GET THAT PIANO OFF YOUR BACK AND RUN!!!"

Hey quit with the Michael Jackson impersonation and use your glove!" from the old Lewis Grizzard joke from when the Braves were pathetic: "Why are the Braves and Michael Jackson alike? Because they wear one glove for no apparent reason."

One other father and I are trying to find a piano moving company that will sponsor our team. Not sure the girls will get the joke, but it would be funnny

May 26, 2013
South Florida
Making the transition from Boys(7 years total up to 13U) to coaching 10yr old girls is a HUGE transformation.

One of the girls favorites so far has been, "Stop throwing RAINBOWS, we do not play for Team Skittles" They chuckle and understand the reference.

I also use "You know the pitcher is allowed to throw you more than 1 pitch dont you" To the girls that no matter where the 1st pitch is SWING at it every time.

Jun 22, 2010
"GET THAT PIANO OFF YOUR BACK AND RUN!!!"
When I was a kid (and dinosaurs walked the earth), I read a book on playing baseball. Its advice, which I've passed along many times since, was:

It's okay to run like a man carrying a stove, as long as you move as if the stove was hot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad