what is expected from team wanting to pick up player?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

If a team wants to pick up a player for a tourney where there would be a flight involved, hotel, food, etc. what should be expected from the player(family) as for expenses if any? The Reason im asking a team wants to pick up my DD to play with them in the ASA nationals in Sacramento, CA we are doing the Nafa Nationals in Minnesota the weekend b4 The only way to get her there in time for check in for the ASA nationals would be to fly her. everything is still being ironed out but what would be reasonable on their end im thinking I would get the flight and they take care of the rest?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If you are expecting the team she is picking up with to help cover your expenses you need to clarify that beforehand.

yes I just sent out a email this morning explaining the situation to them of what I can afford which atm is plane ticket and some spending money, so they would have to fit her in a room somewhere cause I cant afford the hotel also and also the security of making sure my 13 yr old is taken care of. if it works out great if it doesn't that's ok too. (would be a great experience for her)

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Interesting question. As with anything else, if someone needs your help bad enough, everything is negotiable. I probably sound like "Captain Obvious", but your kid must be a pretty good player. If you're willing to pay the airfare, with isn't a small bill these days, the team helping out with a place to sleep for a pretty good player doesn't sound unreasonable. When I read your initial post, I thought you were talking about an 18yo. Personally, I'd have to be very comfortable with all involved before I'd send my 13yo daughter anywhere alone.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Never had a team that picked up my dd for a weekend pay for anything. Didn't even think about that. Your dd must be very good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06