What do you think of the Insider Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 8, 2012
So I am upfront about who I am, I wanted to be clear that I am an owner of one of what has turned out to be one of the main distributing companies of the Insider bat. I think its important to know that we have sold thousands of the Hitting Tool known as the Insider bat. Out of these thousands we have a less than .01 return percentage. In otherwords. The satisfaction level on this product is pretty close to %100 percent.

These are a wide range of users from High School coaches all the way to your typical coach dad or mom..

Clearly any device or coaching method is not for everyone. Typically a coach or tool is showing a player basics or certain fundamental methods for hitting with the main goal of making them better or motivating them to succeeed..

I challange you to find a hitting method, coach tool or even a professional instructional youtube video that will have everyone agreeing is perfect..

If you want to see feedback from direct end users of the product checkout ebay or Amazon. These are customers of the product period. In otherwords , folks like you that have a vested interest in developing their player. You can also take a look at some of the very reputable coaches nationwide that have written unsolicited (Non paid for) testimonials..

personally we also have a program where we hand products to youth & high school coaches and ask them to grade the products purely on usability. In otherwords (Does it work for you & do you like it) The Insider bat always passes with high praise..

Does every single person always feel that way.. They never do... but the Insider bat has given us a lot of good feedback and a lot of thank you's from folks all over the country...
http://insiderbat.org

Jan 13, 2012
I use a spatula instead. It's the poor man's version of the Insider Bat. :D It works pretty well.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2011
I bought one off of the advice of one of the members here, and I like it alot and I think it has helped my daughter. It should be used early imho because it teaches one of the most important parts of the swing. Keeping the hands close to the body and having an inside path to the ball (not casting). It makes the knocking knuckles line up which I think is good for younger hitters, although there is no consensus on this issue.

Jun 3, 2010
Would someone that has one, tell me the total length in inches of their insider bat and try to figure out the angle on it. With those two dimensions it would be very easy to make one very similar.

Jun 25, 2012
I got my dd one last month she really enjoys using it makes tee work fun and very easy for her to do on her own i set up a target for her an thats it. Really nice the price is alittle high but worth it

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Seems to me that the Insider Bat forces door-knocker-knuckle grip. Not that there's anything wrong with this grip, but if you don't have that grip, or if you have the back elbow pointed straight back or higher at any point in the stance/load/stride, it doesn't feel comfortable to swing the Insider Bat, imo.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

This guy would have trouble swinging the Insider Bat, imo -

miguel-cabrera-triple-crown.jpg

Oct 10, 2011
So you have one and tried it? The site says it does not need to be aligned in a door knocker grip, but can be offset.
Just trying to help the conversation!

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
So you have one and tried it? The site says it does not need to be aligned in a door knocker grip, but can be offset.
Just trying to help the conversation!

I've got one. ... I can see where the argument can be made for other grips. You don't absolutely HAVE to have the door-knocker grip, but it seems that it is guiding you into that position. I might hit w/ a little to see. I think one-handed drills using the left hand (for RH hitter) could be helpful. It's the top hand that is in question.

Aug 14, 2011
I've got one. ... I can see where the argument can be made for other grips. You don't absolutely HAVE to have the door-knocker grip, but it seems that it is guiding you into that position. I might hit w/ a little to see. I think one-handed drills using the left hand (for RH hitter) could be helpful. It's the top hand that is in question.

I like it for one hand drills top and botton hand...2 handed I thought it promoted too much of a linaer pushing motion...

Disclaimor: Amount of use has been very limited..

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
We don't own an insider bat but have used it plenty of times. It's a great hitting station item when you have players moving from station to station. It's something different and unique that the kids enjoy trying; I see a lot of other coaches with 'em too. Soo it gets my vote of confidence.

As far as the grip debate...I was taught and grew up with my knuckles NOT lined up. My top hand was rotated slightly counterclockwise till my top knocking knuckles were positioned to the left of the bottom hand knocking knuckles...IOW, if I grabbed a bat today, my top hand knocking knuckles would line up with my wedding ring. I tried to teach this to my DD's but was fighting a losing battle against all the other coaches and parents to a point I felt like perhaps I didn't know what I was talking about...and maybe I don't. Maybe this winter Ill try it again during our Daddy-Daughter time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors