Self toss to improve coordination and timing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
"I throw 1,500 balls a week to her."

Thats like 7 buckets, 7 days a week?

When my DD takes BP, after we are done with the bucket, I shag the balls in right field and she gets the balls in left field and hits them back in towards the infield/backstop. She tosses with her top hand, too! Like a boss. She will probably someday be a coach.

Apr 20, 2015
They did this at a college camp we went to it was hilarious nobody could do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
And how do you do it right? I find that young hitters will develop a 'level' (horizontal) bat through the contact zone, something that leads to an upright posture (no hip hinge) and the dropping of the bat head to get the bat 'level.

You have to start already loaded, and you have to toss with your bottom hand. You can do this upright (like when just hitting infield), but you can also maintain posture if you want. A lot of the bad stuff you mention happens because they're not already loaded, so they're doing a bunch of bad stuff to speed things up so they can make contact.

Dec 11, 2010
When my DD takes BP, after we are done with the bucket, I shag the balls in right field and she gets the balls in left field and hits them back in towards the infield/backstop. She tosses with her top hand, too! Like a boss. She will probably someday be a coach.
This is a really good idea!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles