How do you decide what size bat your daughter uses?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 29, 2019
My daughter is 14yrs old and it's time for a new bat. We went to look at several this weekend but we didn't really know which size would be most beneficial. We know she will swing a 32" again this year but unsure if she should swing a drop 10 or 11. She swung a 32" 2019 LXT -10 all winter but tried her friends 32" 2020 CF -11 while warming up and really liked the control she had. So in live games she swung the -11 during our shortened 2020 COVID season which consisted of just 5 tournament's. However we noticed in practice the ball goes much further with the -10 LXT because of the extra ounce. I told her it's up to her but she can't really make up her mind. She plays 14U "A" ball on a really stout local team batting 3rd, I think she's more of a gap hitter with occasional HR power. What do you consider when purchasing a bat for your daughter? I purchased a Blast Motion sensor last night and I'm thinking of going to a local Dick's where they have demo's for her to try. Other than that we could really use some advise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles