What do you think of the hitting divice ''Hurricane™ Category 4''

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
I have one, it's okay I just can't keep it set up all the time. but I do have a bownet and regular old tee that is ready for action at all times. I would go with a net and tee IMO.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Also unless you hit the ball perfectly level the rod bounces and it doesn't spin back well and when it does its still bouncing and ihavent seen any video posted of the bouncing bugs bunny pitch?I'm not sure I would recommend it. In fact I,d like to sell the one I have since it doesn't get much use

Oct 25, 2009
Saw one today. DD hit off it. While it's not my first choice of things to use (I'm pretty old school, just give me a tee), I didn't see any bad habits that this might create.

What do you think? My only concern might be that it supposedly promotes a level swing, whereas I think most here agree that the swing isn't level, but slightly upward.

Hurricane Category 4 - Fastpitch Softball Solo Swing Training Aid

The swing doesn't have to be slightly upward to not be level. An angled bat can still drive the ball "level"—a line drive, IOW.

I like old school, also. You can buy a couple Tanner tees for half the cost of that thing.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
The swing doesn't have to be slightly upward to not be level. An angled bat can still drive the ball "level"—a line drive, IOW.

I like old school, also. You can buy a couple Tanner tees for half the cost of that thing.

By angled, you mean pointing generally toward the ground? I agree w/ that. By level, I meant along patch of the pitched ball.

You probably can get more than two Tanner tees for the cost of this machine. It was being used by my daughter's new team.

Sep 6, 2012
Take a look at the swing away...You need a degree to put it together but all that have used it liked...I also purchased the traveler and set it up at the field....I stress caution with any device as muscle memory comes in factor...taking several hundred swings the wrong way could cause some issues @ the plate...

Oct 25, 2009
Take a look at the swing away...You need a degree to put it together but all that have used it liked...I also purchased the traveler and set it up at the field....I stress caution with any device as muscle memory comes in factor...taking several hundred swings the wrong way could cause some issues @ the plate...

You're right!! I had a kid over-using a swing away (almost every day for about 3 months before I saw her again) and her swing was down, down, down. Those things have a place but there is a tendency to swing downward to keep them going. But I guess you could misuse any tool.

@CoogansBluff: Yep, the Tanner tees are around $50. Best tees made!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32