What do you seek from the Forum?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What do you seek from the Forum?

• Total voters

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
All of the above is not a choice on purpose. I'm sure most people like a little of all of the above. I want to know your priority, which is why you have to choose.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Here’s the thing … many here are interested in helping others. Hence #1 applies.

At the same time, as people learn more they are in a better position to help others … hence #2 applies.

The better folks understand the details, the more apt they are to apply helpful feedback to young hitters … hence #3 applies.

May 25, 2010
Nope it's one choice. What is most important to you. Otherwise there's no point to the poll.

It varies day-to-day.

Some days, I'm only concerned with my daughter, which involves learning not only about the ins and outs of advancing her 'career', but also about the technical aspects of pitching, hitting, etc. so that I can be more of an asset during daddy-daughter practice sessions. At other times, I'm more focused on what I can do to help improve softball in the area for all the girls, even though I do not coach a team.

I think you've created a community that, at least so far, meets all those needs. Don't overthink it - you guys are doing a great job.

Sep 3, 2009
I voted for "I am trying to learn new things to help my coaching ". Just trying to help my daughter, and few on her team. The reason I don't really post in this section, is it is at least 50% garbage. There is too many know-it-alls trying to belittle someone else for their own gain. And copy and pasting from other websites? This section is going downhill IMO. It's sad, because there is certainly some great info here. But the bickering and plagiarism makes it difficult to sift through all the crap to find that actual good content.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
IMO a hitting site with 50% garbage would be exceptional. I guess it all comes down to how badly you want good information ... there are places where I've had to scan approximately 100 posts to find 1 or 2 gems ... and IMO the information was worth the energy expanded to capture that information. So yes, there is some pain involved ... that's just how it is.

What you consider plagiarism may be a way of encouraging discussion on a topic. From that discussion may come several posts ... and hopefully a few gems.

Jul 28, 2008
I tend to stay away from the hitting posts. People get too sensitive and/or pushy and believe that there is only one correct way to swing a bat. Or that we must teach the way some athletic anomaly swings the bat, who can overcome the fundamentals with their athletic ability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00