Webbing on the Easton Ghost Advanced?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 7, 2019
My kid is in the same boat maybe 70-100 swings and the entire bat is like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d1a0f2f93c62eef708fb1cabd8f3c2e8.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019
That's actually not a crack E, that's the paint layer that cracked off as you can see the composite underneath is fine.

I would swing it and not worry until it gets bad flaking, then send back.

But to answer your question, If a bat does crack early, be cool on the phone and just ask because a bat is so new, that
you would like them to replace the bat not counting against warranty. All manufacturers will do this on early breaks, not just
Easton. The replacement may say no return on it, but you are in their system as still having the same warranty.

BUT, when you do this, CALL...if you do the online form, its all done automatically and will be handled like any other return.
I have to admit, Easton has been great about replacing bats. Several that were outside of warrantee even

Sep 27, 2014
My kid is in the same boat maybe 70-100 swings and the entire bat is like that

d1a0f2f93c62eef708fb1cabd8f3c2e8.jpg
yep I was alarmed by this initially but it seems to be holding up ok. shes chomping at the bit to swing hers in a game. she was hitting bombs daily in practice with her HS team. They shut it down for 2 weeks but hopefully we'll see what she can really do with it then.

Apr 28, 2019
DD recieved hers 8 days ago and she loves it! Absolutely no more than 75 swings on it. Should we be alarmed by this?View attachment 16329View attachment 16330

We have both 2020 Ghost plus broken 18 Ghost.

We are not seeing the issues with paint webbing or actual composite cracking.

We live in a colder climate but I keep softballs in a heated basement of at least 70’.

I took my #1 DD to the field for the 1st time this season today. It was 11:30am and in the low to mid 50’s. Not much wind so it felt warmer than that. Perfect day to practice.

I told DD in the car on the ride over no 2020 Ghosts today not warm enough. That didn’t go over real well but hey what does with teenagers.

We did a little front toss 1st to warm-up and then we went to live pitching.

I like to use heavy bats to start and gradually work our way down to lighter bats as I get warned-up and start throwing faster.

We hit with 19 RT, 18 PXT, 18 Quatro, & then 18 Broken Ghost. My DD is a very good powerful hitter and does well with any bat really.

We were on a 200’ field and I pushed her all the way back to the backstop so another 20’ back.

She hit multiple homers with each bat. I asked for comments after we swung the bats and she still likes the 18 Ghost out of the ones listed above. Even bring cracked in multiple places along the barrel this bat has lost nothing performance wise.

I knew it would happen and sure enough she asked if she could get in a few swings with 2020 Ghosts. I relented as I usually do and we got busy.

This was the first time I have pitched to her using the 2020 Ghosts outside.
The DS was 1st. She was peppering the fence like crazy and then started launching a few over.

Next up the GA. She got under a few to start and was still one hopping the fence. After about six swings it was home run derby. No doubters and big smiles.

She said once she swung the Advanced nothing else compared. Just incredible feel & pop.

In my opinion the 18 Ghost still sounds the best when you square it up real nice. The 20 Ghosts have a satisfying sound just not as pronounced.

I highly recommend anyone with a Ghost to use other bats for static and soft toss BP. Use the Ghost sparingly for live pitching and save it for games. Doing so should extend the life of the bat.

The Ghost Advanced is the best performing bat on the market at this time. That hurt to say a little because push come to shove I’m a LS fan.

Oct 7, 2019
I’m not too worried about it honestly looks like paint cracks same thing happened (just not as much) with her blue ghost and she has had it since it first came out and it’s still holding up.

Apr 28, 2019
I’m not too worried about it honestly looks like paint cracks same thing happened (just not as much) with her blue ghost and she has had it since it first came out and it’s still holding up.

We had a 17 Stealth Flex that was a hot bat. 1st bat DD started to hit OTF HR’s with. After 6 months the paint started to spider web and then little cracks developed with small pieces breaking off the bat.
The bat went dead just before All Stars!!! Different bat made of different composite but same/similar issue.
Easton has a pretty liberal return policy I think that is one of the main reasons people stick with the Ghosts. Well that and the great performance😀.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Again, I know folks don't want to hear it, but paint cracks are nothing and certain colors, especially metallics and silvers/grays
have a tendency to do it. Maybe its just that those colors you see it better and it stands out. You have paint on a product
that the walls flex like crazy each time its hit. Some will do it some dont, they come off a line. I have a demo that has it and I have had a ton of sp bats over many years that did it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom