Webbing on the Easton Ghost Advanced?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
I know that tore your heart out to say...hahahaha...and thank you for your honest, personal review ;)

Always honest. I will say she hasn’t tried her Sisters 19 LXT yet and I’m still hopeful she will like that bat as a lightweight alternative.
I don’t expect the LXT to best the GA but it should be somewhere in the neighborhood.
My #2 DD is now liking the 18 Ghost. She wasn’t strong enough to handle it until recently but has become favorite BP bat.
It’s that damned sound I think. That loud wooden bat-like crack we just like it. Her game bat is 19 LXT and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Apr 28, 2019
I know years and years ago, people hated that first Z1000 for slowpitch because of the sound, now people love loud bats.

Anything but that “broken glass” sound. It’s like nails on a chalkboard.

Core- Is the GA drop 11 closer to stated weight than the drop 10’s? I know the barrel is smaller so you would think it would be.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No, I think that was a rumor that exploded all around and people just ran with it without wanting
to hear certain things. I also think some stores and reps fueled the rumors because they had no clue
and just wanted pre-order sales. Some people will tell you anything someone wants to hear.
The GA was all about using the new composite from the ADV baseball bats, wasn't about being a
balanced version of anything. The endcap change was only to keep the weight down.
I told people from day one, not to think this was going to be a balanced, on sticker weight bat.

Apr 28, 2019
No, I think that was a rumor that exploded all around and people just ran with it without wanting
to hear certain things. I also think some stores and reps fueled the rumors because they had no clue
and just wanted pre-order sales. Some people will tell you anything someone wants to hear.
The GA was all about using the new composite from the ADV baseball bats, wasn't about being a
balanced version of anything. The endcap change was only to keep the weight down.
I told people from day one, not to think this was going to be a balanced, on sticker weight bat.

Ok I’ll take your word for it. There was a lot of chatter about the multiple launch delays due to Easton not being able to reduce the weight enough.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That was more rumors, there wasn't multiple launch dates, I knew it was mid January way back in like Sept.
but rumors made it sound like it was going to be launched 4-5 diff times. I saw people say Sept, Oct, Nov,
then Xmas...haha.

The initial talk was when they wanted to launch...BUT decided on Jan because they wanted the DS Ghost to be able
to have enough time on the market before another bat was released.

May 16, 2016
We are now proud owners of two Ghost Advanced. 14u dd liked her 33 -9 so much, we got 12u dd a 32 -10. She's been very cooperative about using hand me down bats over the years, I felt like she needed a new bat. I haven't noticed any webbing, but I will give them a closer look.