we learned 2 things today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Doesn't the different in the weight of a baseball 5 oz. vs. a softball 7oz. and the weight of a baseball bat (32 oz.) vs fastpitch bat (22 oz.) change the science some??? Also , difference in average the bat speeds. Look at it this way, if you you were hitting a basketball with a bat the grip would certainly matter.

Oct 4, 2018
I would agree with this 💯%. If there's one thing Easton did great, it was the sound for the Ghosts.

I did a demo day for my daughters' HS team last spring at a local indoor facility. We let them each take 10 cuts off the tee and measured their EV. We used a GA, DS, LXT, CF, XENO, Echo Connect, and a Mantra. One girl used an Anderson Rocketech, so she was the outlier. The results were all similar for most girls, meaning the different bats produced very similar exit velocity. But, the girls who normally used a Ghost all said they hit better with the Ghost than the other bats. The results showed otherwise. Our biggest power hitter had speeds 2-3 MPH higher with the Xeno than her GA, but said that couldn't be true because it sounded like she was crushing the ball with the Ghost, and the Xeno sounded like broken glass.

You always hear about a blind test. I wonder about a deaf one?

My DD and I both love the Xeno. Love that broken glass sound. We really don't see them on the fields often and really hope they don't get discontinued.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Doesn't the different in the weight of a baseball 5 oz. vs. a softball 7oz. and the weight of a baseball bat (32 oz.) vs fastpitch bat (22 oz.) change the science some??? Also , difference in average the bat speeds. Look at it this way, if you you were hitting a basketball with a bat the grip would certainly matter.
But frequency of the wave nodes when a rubber ball is dropped on a suspended steel plate tell us different. Trust the science. Do you even own a lab coat?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma