WCWS - the Final 8

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 11, 2009
So I'm listening to Stacey Nuveman on ESPN and she starts out by saying something like - "The first thing I notice is Oklahoma. It all lays out really good for Oaklahoma. Oklahoma can go a long way and take this whole thing." Not 2 minutes later - other host asks - "So let's talk about Cal" - Stacey "Oh Cal is great they have it all, which is why t hey have been #1 so long, blah, blah, blah. I'm not going out on limb here but they are my pickog to win it all".

Now correct me if I'm worng here but aren't Cal & OU on the same side of the bracket? Talk about your double speak hedging. I thought that was pretty funny.

They wont be on the same side of the bracket after today! Get to know how the bracket works.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
wow. just wow. Keilani Ricketts was just flat out dealing last night. As a Cal fan it was tough to watch. As a softball fan it was a thing of beauty. It's one thing to dominate directional state school like that but quite another to buzz through a lineup like Cal's and make them look almost like a high school team. She just put whatever pitch she wanted to throw in whatever location she wanted it all night long.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is the 1st year I have paid attention to WCWS. Except for Alabama and Oklahoma it looks this is where the Teams start needing a 2nd pitcher. Do I have that right or can the Teams in the loser bracket still get by with 1 pitcher?

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
This is the 1st year I have paid attention to WCWS. Except for Alabama and Oklahoma it looks this is where the Teams start needing a 2nd pitcher. Do I have that right or can the Teams in the loser bracket still get by with 1 pitcher?

Depends on the pitcher. IIRC UCLA won it all from the loser bracket using just one pitcher.

Jul 28, 2008
Arizona in 2007 lost to TN. They then went on to defeat DePaul, UofW twice and TN 2 of 3 to take the championship. All on the arm of Tayrne Mowatt.

Jul 28, 2008
I do believe the umpire blew the last call of the USF vs. LSU game. The ball bounced up and hit the bat a 2nd time before she was even out of the box. Should have been a foul ball, instead he missed the 2nd contact and called her for running into the ball afterwards.

Too bad in such a close, great game.

I want to add, that I do think the umpires did a great game overall. :)

May 20, 2012
I'm new to college softball. Just starting to watch b/c my daughter, 7, has been playing for a couple years and I wanted her to see how the game is played so we started watching the Super Regionals and now the TV has been on softball this entire weekend. Great games.....but Keilani Ricketts is crazy good. Being an Oklahoma State fan I was very surprised by my enjoyment of watching her play. I felt myself actually starting to pull for OU.....and question "how could this happen"? Then they started the chant and that dang song and I slid right back into my natural dislike. :) I really, really looking forward to the OU/Bama/Cal matchups.

wow. just wow. Keilani Ricketts was just flat out dealing last night. As a Cal fan it was tough to watch. As a softball fan it was a thing of beauty. It's one thing to dominate directional state school like that but quite another to buzz through a lineup like Cal's and make them look almost like a high school team. She just put whatever pitch she wanted to throw in whatever location she wanted it all night long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA