WCWS - the Final 8

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 31, 2010
Bama is another step closer to "finishing it" this year! The next few games are going to be tough, I hope they win it all!

Jul 28, 2008
Congratulations to both OU and Bama, who each had to go through the Pac-12's top teams (this year's #1 ranked team and last years National Champions) to get to the finals. Good luck to both teams, since I haven't decided who I'm going to root for. Whoever wins, definitely earns it.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Sad that Cal got knocked out but Bama flat out played better.

No sour grapes but I though the HUP was equally horrific for both pitchers having one of the most inconsistent strike zones I've ever seen at that level from batter to batter and sometimes from pitch to pitch.

Jan 25, 2011
Sad that Cal got knocked out but Bama flat out played better.

No sour grapes but I though the HUP was equally horrific for both pitchers having one of the most inconsistent strike zones I've ever seen at that level from batter to batter and sometimes from pitch to pitch.

The ump was inconsistent,but it is about time, that the ump doesnt give bamma a free pass on strikes.I can not stand Patty there coach he is a whiner:( "my pitcher needs those pitches 6" of the plate to be strikes" whaaaaaaaaa. Go Oklahoma!!!!!!! and next year who ever plays whaaabamma!!!!! ;)

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Well, my prediction was incorrect. Cal played Bama in the semi's instead of the championship and Bama outplayed Cal.

Bama and Oklahoma should be a very good series. Both teams have very good pitchers and both teams can flat out hit the ball! I'm cheering for Bama.

Let the TIDE ROLL!!!!

Feb 9, 2012
Dearborn, Mi.
The ump was inconsistent,but it is about time, that the ump doesnt give bamma a free pass on strikes.I can not stand Patty there coach he is a whiner:( "my pitcher needs those pitches 6" of the plate to be strikes" whaaaaaaaaa. Go Oklahoma!!!!!!! and next year who ever plays whaaabamma!!!!! ;)

I agree, that outside pitch was ridiculous for most of the tourney. Love how Mandoza put it too "thats softball, sometimes the pitch gets called, but when it stops being inches instead of feet..." what? Call a strike a strike! No need for a pitcher throwing 73 MPH and all that moment to get gifts. Traina has been dominate but adding 4" to the plate has totally helped a ton.

Hate to say it, but this goes to show you just how good the umps we get to see in MLB are. Yes some have wacky strike zones but for the most part a controversial pitch is on the black not in the other batters box.

Not a big 'bama fan, they are impressive but I think OU is gonna take it. 'bama will not be nearly as dominate next year, losing 8 players from your starting line hurts anyone, I don't care who you are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma