WCWS has begun!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
My thoughts. Unseeded UT has been playing out of their minds for the past 3 weeks riding the same pitcher who is wore out. Meanwhile, the other pitchers have been sitting on the bench not getting "pressure" reps. Where has O'Leary been all year? Hulon? UT's offense has no response either?

Would Arkansas have put a better fight? UW? Who knows?

Professionals vs Collegiates
My picks in that other thread were AR and OSU (outside of OU). I think they would have put up a better fight then TX especially with Bahl not being a 100% but they didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

Trautwein is good but teams are letting her walk 4 or 5 batters a game and not making her pay. That said I think TX will put up a better fight tonight..depends on if Bahl if anywhere close to 100% (assuming she starts)

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Watching all these other teams fight for the opportunity to get their doors blown off by OU provided me some perspective on just how freakish OU is this year. Unlike every other team in the WCWS, their lineup is dangerous from top to bottom. Their 7-9 hitters are as talented as most other team's 1-3, and their 1-4 simply have no equal. They are not only as athletic as everyone else, but look bigger and stronger. Worse for the teams they face, OU couldn't be more experienced with the pressure of winning these kinds of games; nearly everyone in that lineup helped win it last year. Their analytics also appear more effective than anyone else's; Gasso flipped that lineup around all season looking for the best combination. Apparently, she found it.

The walks and hit batters given up by Trautwein and May appear troubling until you compare it to other teams, including Texas. Even if Texas manages to take advantage, OU's bats and very solid defense both have to go to sleep before that starts to matter to the outcome.

Oct 2, 2017
Said this in the Alo thread, look at those meat balls pitched to OU. I keep seeing people say OU hitters adjust well. What the heck are they having to adjust to? They basically were pitched Middle, Middle in, or slight lower in zone.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'm currently getting my hair dyed thanks to losing a bet about the WCWS. I really thought Oklahoma State was going to make the finals instead of Texas. Oh well, I guess I'm going to be enjoying Texas get whupped by the Sooners with my new, blue hair.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

May 11, 2014
I'm currently getting my hair dyed thanks to losing a bet about the WCWS. I really thought Oklahoma State was going to make the finals instead of Texas. Oh well, I guess I'm going to be enjoying Texas get whupped by the Sooners with my new, blue hair.

For the whippersnappers, back in the day blue hairs meant old women with their blue rinch.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
For the whippersnappers, back in the day blue hairs meant old women with their blue rinch.
Blue hair today places you in a different category. There was a pretty talented player that we picked up for the remainder of a fall season. She had blue hair. I was speaking to several college coaches about this player and they made sure to make mention of her blue hair. They were not impressed. I had to tell her mother in a very careful manner. I don't think they took it well. She was targeting D1 schools...she's at a community college now. We will never know why some of the schools passed on her.

For parents listening and trying to get recruited...be careful and don't do something that will get DD marked off their list. Freedom of expression blah blah. Yes, but be ready to accept the repercussions. Coaches like team players not individuals.

I was an outlier in college who played rugby and was expressive. I was also a member of a business fraternity. Several members tried to black ball me during my pledgeship. Thankfully I had people stick up for me. I wore a big bird beanie to meetings. Today, have conformed with streaks of rebelliousness.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Blue hair today places you in a different category. There was a pretty talented player that we picked up for the remainder of a fall season. She had blue hair. I was speaking to several college coaches about this player and they made sure to make mention of her blue hair. They were not impressed. I had to tell her mother in a very careful manner. I don't think they took it well. She was targeting D1 schools...she's at a community college now. We will never know why some of the schools passed on her.

For parents listening and trying to get recruited...be careful and don't do something that will get DD marked off their list. Freedom of expression blah blah. Yes, but be ready to accept the repercussions. Coaches like team players not individuals.

I was an outlier in college who played rugby and was expressive. I was also a member of a business fraternity. Several members tried to black ball me during my pledgeship. Thankfully I had people stick up for me. I wore a big bird beanie to meetings. Today, have conformed with streaks of rebelliousness.
My dye job is a one off thing and will only last the summer. I think it looks good. I was going to agree to get pierced as part of the bet, too but that got dropped, lol.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My dye job is a one off thing and will only last the summer. I think it looks good. I was going to agree to get pierced as part of the bet, too but that got dropped, lol.

No judgement from me. You are an adult. Pierce whacha want. I prefer that you get tats over blue hair though. It shows me that you are fully committed!

Jul 5, 2016
Back on topic. Last night, it seemed like the OU defense was on a different level than Texas. And Jayda Coleman - putting on a show.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom