WCWS has begun!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
How about the 8U Inside the Park HR to win the game? I enjoyed watching this series.

DD worked out with Courtney Day, Janae Jefferson and Kelly Maxwell the last 2 summers during college workouts.. They all played for the Aces Express program in TB. I remember when DD was in 8th grade doing an optional Batting Practice and only 4 girls showed up on a cold fall evening. Baylee Klingler and Janae were there too. The Coach was congratulating Janae's dad on just verballing to UT and Baylee had committed to A&M in 8th grade. I never would have projected their softball trajectories. I spent 20 minutes picking the brain of Baylee's dad about the recruiting process. He shared a story about his older's DD journey, which was crazy. I felt as though we were behind in recruiting since it seemed that all the players were committed 9th and 10th grades.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
How about Texas! I just hope the games are interesting. I can't see OK losing twice but hope not to see another 15-0 blowout.
Well it wasn't 15-0 at least. I had started watching and when Texas had 1 I was like - ok....maybe this will be interesting. But then Oklahoma Oklahoma-ed and it got boring. Have the rest of the teams gotten worse or did Oklahoma do something different this year. They were not this dominate last year.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Have the rest of the teams gotten worse or did Oklahoma do something different this year. They were not this dominate last year.

Good question. It's roughly the same batting lineup as last season but a year older. Then they brought in a freshman stud pitcher. The 2021 team actually gave up a decent number of runs. With the 2022 team, there just aren't any real avenues to beating them.

I don't think other teams have gotten worse overall, but I believe that talent is more dispersed than usual, meaning teams 2-5 are closer to 20-25 than ever before. There just isn't a worthy contender to OU. But that might be the future. By that, I mean parity and a bunch of top-10 teams with 12-15 losses. It's harder to dominate with pitching because the hitting has caught up and that leads to parity. Except when one team is able to sign so many great hitters in this new era. Hard to compete with that.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My thoughts. Unseeded UT has been playing out of their minds for the past 3 weeks riding the same pitcher who is wore out. Meanwhile, the other pitchers have been sitting on the bench not getting "pressure" reps. Where has O'Leary been all year? Hulon? UT's offense has no response either?

Would Arkansas have put a better fight? UW? Who knows?

Professionals vs Collegiates

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom