Warranty replacement on 2nd hand bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2019
If you buy a used bat off of someone else that is still under warranty and the original receipt has their name, can you or how do you place a claim if it breaks and needs replaced? Or does it not matter whose name is on the receipt? Specifically for Rawlings or Easton…

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The best deal on ghost bats are in the wrapper warranty returns. You get a new bat for half price but you lose the warranty. Have a cage bat for dimple balls and the ghost will last a long time.

Oct 22, 2019
The best deal on ghost bats are in the wrapper warranty returns. You get a new bat for half price but you lose the warranty. Have a cage bat for dimple balls and the ghost will last a long time.
I just need to know how to place a claim if I wasn’t the original purchaser, that’s all.

Aug 3, 2016
go to the Easton website and read the warranty where you’ll find out that the bat is not covered if purchased:
  • Bats purchased from non-authorized Rawlings dealers or individuals
That being said, if you submit a claim with an original receipt, you’ll probably get it covered but I wouldn’t count on it.

Oct 22, 2019
go to the Easton website and read the warranty where you’ll find out that the bat is not covered if purchased:
  • Bats purchased from non-authorized Rawlings dealers or individuals
That being said, if you submit a claim with an original receipt, you’ll probably get it covered but I wouldn’t count on it.
Right, and bat was purchased from an authorized retailer and that receipt is available. Just has someone else’s name on it. Their website doesn’t really address a second hand sale or a bat gifted to you with an original receipt.
I’ve been told you can still place a claim with that receipt.
So many people sell used bats that still have warranty so I’d assume it can be done but wanted to be sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles