Wanting to play but can't

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
My son is visiting from Colorado Springs and has never seen his sister play softball. The thing is, her team fell apart and now he won't be able to see her play. Another team has asked her to come to practice this week and playing in our home town this weekend in a tournament. Problem is, my husband said no. He thinks it is a ploy to get his rival teams pitcher. Never once did this coach talked about the problems with the other coach…and yes, we are aware that the two coaches do not get alone. We have never asked nor care to know.
So, as it stands…her brother will be going back in 2 weeks without seeing her play. To her, he is the one person that she wanted to show her skills in front of.

Jun 11, 2012
If her team fell apart why wouldn't he want her to play for another team even if it's just for one tournament?

Jun 12, 2015
Let's say the other coach invited her out of spite to the coach whose team fell apart (if I'm reading that right). So what? You're not joining his team, just giving her a place to play for a little while. There are rivalries all the time in softball. I think it's just human nature. There are certainly teams I want to beat more than others, teams I'd be happy to see lose players to other teams. Hey, I'm not proud of it! But it is what it is. If she wants to play, let her play! If he won't budge and somehow gets to make this decision despite being outvoted for some reason, maybe you could find another team to pick up with while her brother is in town. It'd be a shame for her to not get to play at all.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
wait... isn't this the case of the team that brought in 3-4 guest players a few weeks ago,
to start over the regularly rostered players (your DD included)?

your DH was an assistant coach, and didn't even know of the plan,
until gameday?

and now the team has "fallen apart"?
(are we surprised?)

I think that it's fair to say that you don't owe that former coach or that organization anything.

Guest play for the rival club. Have fun! why not?

Nov 25, 2012
USA
wait... isn't this the case of the team that brought in 3-4 guest players a few weeks ago,
to start over the regularly rostered players (your DD included)?

your DH was an assistant coach, and didn't even know of the plan,
until gameday?

and now the team has "fallen apart"?
(are we surprised?)

I think that it's fair to say that you don't owe that former coach or that organization anything.

Guest play for the rival club. Have fun! why not?

^^^^^^^^^Ditto for me and the only way I see it.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My son is visiting from Colorado Springs and has never seen his sister play softball. The thing is, her team fell apart and now he won't be able to see her play. Another team has asked her to come to practice this week and playing in our home town this weekend in a tournament. Problem is, my husband said no. He thinks it is a ploy to get his rival teams pitcher. Never once did this coach talked about the problems with the other coach…and yes, we are aware that the two coaches do not get alone. We have never asked nor care to know.
So, as it stands…her brother will be going back in 2 weeks without seeing her play. To her, he is the one person that she wanted to show her skills in front of.

If her team "fell apart" who exactly are you worried about offending by picking up???

JJS

Jan 9, 2015

If I remember correctly, if it was up to your husband she would be pitching with hello elbow

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I think you got some good advice here.
Also, FWIW, I am a husband and am not always right. I don't like it when I am wrong and my wife is right, but sometimes I have to suck it up and do the right thing. when my kids are involved, I am always glad that I did what was right and not what I wanted to do because I was P.O.'d.

good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06