Vision - 20/40

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Truthfully, I knew I needed glasses when I was ~15/16. Started out that I was having trouble seeing the board and then having trouble seeing the ball. I found out I had 20/50 vision. While not horrible...it wasn't good either. I dispised wearing glasses. Contacts were somewhat better. I'm slated to get LASIK the Friday before Thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
My daughter failed her eye test at school, will be going to an eye doctor for an official exam.
Just wondering - she was told she has 20/40 vision after the school exam. I don't wear glasses at all so I don't know squat. I am reading that 20/40 isn't the worst vision and most can function, but I am wondering how this could affect her playing ball. She doesn't seem to think she can't see anything, but if she can see at 20 feet what others can see at 40 feet, wouldn't that potentially affect her seeing the pitcher?

Years ago, my daughter was told at school that she had tunnel vision ... When we got in to see the eye doctor he said " What what ? ... pffft ! "

Jun 8, 2016
You need them too. You're old, you know it.

Once in a while you're out to dinner and it's hard to read the menu because it's a bit dark. You shrug it off.

Fortunately, they're very inexpensive. Here you go:

Amazon product ASIN B07DZCL61C
Well luckily I never go out to dinner...lol.

I went to the eye doctor earlier this year and he said he was surprised I didn't need them yet because I was old as sh*&.. :LOL:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma