Video of my 15yo DD from last night

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2008
fz0x8z.gif

I like what I see here. Reminds me a lot of my daughter.

I'd take a look at the lower body. See how the rear knee turns out when she picks up her stride foot? I'd wager that if you stood in front of her and put resistance against her front shoulder with your hand and asked her to pick up her stride foot she would move away from you. What you'd want is for her weight to go forward into the resistance of your hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RayR

I hope you don't mind me posting this

127_miss.gif

When the front elbow is "up" it is almost impossible to reach that pitch....when you start with the elbow down you can get there and adjust up as needed....

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
When you say "when the front elbow is up" are you talking at the set-up? Would a wide A be the ideal set up.So she can go back with just the rear elbow up? Baseball style and as she swings drop rear elbow and adjust front forearm, elbow up? Just trying to understand.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I hope you don't mind me posting this

127_miss.gif

When the front elbow is "up" it is almost impossible to reach that pitch....when you start with the elbow down you can get there and adjust up as needed....

Good Point.
I would drop front 2-3 inches and back one 4 or so inches.
Watch the back elbow blur
Becomes disconnected from front

Dropping it some will help connect on rotation

Straightleg

Feb 14, 2010
MTS,

I welcome anything. I'm not only here for my DD but I'm also trying to help other dads and show them that they can do it. Feel free to post anything. It will only help.

CS,

I totally agree, that's what I was referring to when I said she's not coiling effectively, she's losing all her leverage to uncoil. Is that your daughter in the gif?

Last edited:
May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I agree, the front elbow is set too high, she is not on plane when she starts. From that position she will have to swing down and across the path of the ball, particularly on low inside pitches.

May 13, 2008
CS,

I totally agree, that's what I was referring to when I said she's not coiling effectively, she's losing all her leverage to uncoil. Is that your daughter in the gif?

No, that was a sample from the model swings thread.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Crankermo...what was the reasoning to go with a front step type stride? I have considered having my dd do this before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi