Video of my 15yo DD from last night

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I like her bat speed

Maybe FFS or someone can slow one down an post a couple of her right at impact.

Looks like to me upper body ahead of lower body.
Very commom in a girls swing.

Straightleg

R

RayR

Looks like a one piece swing at this point - something there to work with, tho....what are you hoping to work on?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
At work site blocked will have to wait untill I get home.Can't wait to see your DD swing.I have read all the older post of her.Me and my DD are following along with her great progressions.

Feb 14, 2010
MTS,

To me she wasn't coiling effectively like she was before we shut down. I do agree that the separation isn't there. IMO her lack of effective coiling was causing her to use the upperhalf too much, she didn't have anything stored up in the lower half to unleash. We want the lower half to grab the hands. I honestly expected her swing to be off due to the layoff, but it was also better than I expected. This is some of the old muscle memory. What are you thinking?

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
crank I like her swing. I like the slightly open stance and the weight distribution, the motion... she uses her lower body fairly well.

I would really work on the separation, and getting on plane earlier.

Aug 2, 2011
You guys are more experienced, but I don't see how anyone can get a good view of the upper/lower body separation without slowing down the video.

Feb 14, 2010
Eugene,

Comes from looking @ "elite" swings and how smoothe they are versus one that's out of sync. Focus on the lower half and see if it goes first, very small move but visible.

R

RayR

You will get different opinions of course...

I would say that she could start the hands lower and work them up to the position she wants to launch from....this alone may create a better sequence....

in doing this trying to keep the front elbow from leaking (getting off the chest too early before the hands make a move)...

hands move forward with the front elbow staying down initially....

there was a clip posted at the other forum where you posted of a player that does what I am describing....

Please make no mistake - she is in a good place right now and can get better.

MTS,

To me she wasn't coiling effectively like she was before we shut down. I do agree that the separation isn't there. IMO her lack of effective coiling was causing her to use the upperhalf too much, she didn't have anything stored up in the lower half to unleash. We want the lower half to grab the hands. I honestly expected her swing to be off due to the layoff, but it was also better than I expected. This is some of the old muscle memory. What are you thinking?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I like her bat speed

Maybe FFS or someone can slow one down an post a couple of her right at impact.

Looks like to me upper body ahead of lower body.
Very commom in a girls swing.

Straightleg

fz0x8z.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28