Video of DD's Catching Lesson

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
How often do they practice together, and for what length? These are excellent drill ideas that I'll be sharing with DD...keep the videos and drills coming please!

May 1, 2011
They have been meeting once a week for an hour, but their schedules for the next 2 weeks are going to be a bit conflicted. We love her and all, but flying her to Panama City (where we will be) from Aurora, Colorado (where she's going to be playing) is a BIT much. We'll see her again whenever we get back from Florida. We've been keeping in touch everyday though. She's having a good tourney so far up there. We leave for Florida on Saturday morning. Super Excited.

Josh

Feb 8, 2013
I'm a coach on our 8u boys baseball and 10u girls softball. The discussion has come up on how the catchers feet should be. On top of the toes or flat footed? To me I think you have better mobility being flat footed, I could be completely wrong...just not sure. Or are we over thinking this? What say yall?

Thanks

Jan 7, 2013
The only time they should be on their toes is for giving signs. Otherwise, flat footed. This is per the Weavers NECC video.

May 16, 2010
I'm a coach on our 8u boys baseball and 10u girls softball. The discussion has come up on how the catchers feet should be. On top of the toes or flat footed? To me I think you have better mobility being flat footed, I could be completely wrong...just not sure. Or are we over thinking this? What say yall?

Thanks

All MLB catchers are flat footed, if that means anything. My friend, who caught in MLB, told me that they are taught to keep the heels down.

Just watch an MLB game on TV. You won't see any up on their toes, except maybe a few who are while giving the sign, but then they get flat footed.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2013
All MLB catchers are flat footed, if that means anything. My friend, who caught in MLB, told me that they are taught to keep the heels down.

Just watch an MLB game on TV. You won't see any up on their toes, except maybe a few who are while giving the sign, but then they get flat footed.

I have noticed that. Thanks for the input to all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC