Very specific glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 12, 2023
@pattar makes a good point with JBG, I’ve never bought from them before (I think?) but they do have a great return policy!

Both of those Mizuno’s will work for what you’re after, you just need to decide of the web? Remember, that Black I-web will play a little more shallow and flatter than that Tan H-web, which will play deeper.

If I were solely playing 2B, I’d order the I-web. For SS, take your pick, for 3B I’d definitely go with the H-web!
Well I appreciate the help, thank you so much!! Any particular reason not to shoot for the 1787?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Well I appreciate the help, thank you so much!! Any particular reason not to shoot for the 1787?
Heck no, great pattern that’s been around forever! Guess I was just kinda focused on a Mizuno?

If the Don Morton Rawlings Pro1000 exclusive was available right now this conversation would be over, that’s what I would have put you on. I know them inside out, and I have no doubt that model would work perfectly for your situation!

Which 1787 you looking at? There’s what….a 100 different versions of it now?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Plus, both of the Mizuno’s are marked down pretty good! I’d personally opt for the Black I-web model, but….I’ve kinda been on a I-web kick for the last couple of years, so don’t listen to me!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
How soon do you need this to be game ready? Both the Mizuno and Wilson will require a lot of work to get them ready.

Jun 8, 2016
Also @soozyQ you can relace the wrist to make it smaller on most (all?) of these baseball gloves. I do that with my 13 YO DD...It isn't hard, if I can do it anybody can.

Mar 12, 2023
Heck no, great pattern that’s been around forever! Guess I was just kinda focused on a Mizuno?

If the Don Morton Rawlings Pro1000 exclusive was available right now this conversation would be over, that’s what I would have put you on. I know them inside out, and I have no doubt that model would work perfectly for your situation!

Which 1787 you looking at? There’s what….a 100 different versions of it now?
Wait. So you're telling me there's more specific versions of the more specific a2000? Goodness gracious this rabbit hole is deeper than I expected 😂

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Very cool looking 1975, it's close to the 1787 pattern.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1